Sunday, December 10, 2006

Ideals and Dreams

Shay Jiutai: so, honey... what does a small town girl like you expect from the 'verse?
Shay Jiutai: you got high hopes, right?
Sabrina McGee: I just wanna get off this luh se dustball..
Sabrina McGee: wanna see the pretty lights of the core.. the fancy parties.. the pretty clothes..
Sabrina McGee: wanted to find the love of my life there..
Sabrina McGee: 'cos I sure wasn't gonna find her here on this godforsaken place..
Sabrina McGee: momma and poppa didn't understand why I didn't want to get hitched to some rancher and have a passle of young'uns..
Sabrina McGee: I mean, they're okay and all.. but.. they're not..
Sabrina McGee: they didn't think it was right that liked looking at the girls in school and not the boys.. but no matter how hard I tried.. I just couldn't like boys as much as girls..
Sabrina McGee: I never thought I'd meet such a beautiful and exotic person here.. that's why I wanted to get away..
Sabrina McGee: that and avoid momma and poppa's disappointment.. and avoid any guilt or attempts to force me into something I don't want..
Shay Jiutai: makes sense...
Shay Jiutai: you don't take to companions much...
Shay Jiutai: why?
Sabrina McGee: haven't seen too many around here..
Sabrina McGee: I mean, I like 'em an all..
Shay Jiutai: there was one in the bar tonight...
Sabrina McGee: there was?
Sabrina McGee: I didn't notice..
Shay Jiutai: when we came back
Shay Jiutai: so, me bein' a killer doesn't bother you?
Sabrina McGee: companions can't give their love away..
Sabrina McGee: they're never truly free or open.. there's always some sort of angle.. or hidden truth..
Sabrina McGee: well, so long as the only killin' is at Cap'ns request or to protect the crew..
Shay Jiutai: don't woory on that score...
Sabrina McGee: past is past.. can't hold it against ya for things I wasn't part of.
Sabrina McGee: 'taint fair.
Shay Jiutai: but hidden truths are somethin' ya can't tolerate?
Sabrina McGee: hidden truths about love
Shay Jiutai: ah
Sabrina McGee: if I give my heart to you, I give it completely.. freely.. no conditions.. no, "if you love me, you'll do this.."
Sabrina McGee: companions are too.. guarded.. with their emotions.. I don't think they ever truly -enjoy- anything they do. LIfe to them is just one business transaction after another..
Sabrina McGee: if you get paid to tell people what they want to hear.. how can I ever be sure that what you're telling me is the truth? Even if I'm not paying?
Shay Jiutai: makes sense...
Sabrina McGee: you.. I suppose you got paid to tell people what they -didn't- want to hear..
Sabrina McGee: but there's an honesty in that..
Shay Jiutai: I only kill for passion and honor... oh yes also for money or war...
Sabrina McGee leans down and nuzzles your neck..
Sabrina McGee: enough talk about killing.. okay?
Shay Jiutai: fair enough
Shay Jiutai nuzzles back
Sabrina McGee: So.. what do you want outta life? What's a girl like you see in some bumpkin like me?
Sabrina McGee: I mean.. you must've spent time in the core.. the pretty places..
Shay Jiutai: ya ain't no bumpkin!
Sabrina McGee: the beautiful women..
Shay Jiutai: you are just as purty as any one a them fancy ladies in alla their finery...
Shay Jiutai: Lace and purfume don't make beauty...
Shay Jiutai: it's who you are
Shay Jiutai: how ya treat them's what's around ya...
Sabrina McGee: but I'm all greasy and dirty.. and my clothes aren't pretty..
Shay Jiutai: your smile is as beautiful as anything in the 'verse...
Shay Jiutai: tell me about what you believe in...
Sabrina McGee blushes..
Sabrina McGee: I don't really know what I believe in..
Sabrina McGee: I mean, I believe in a finely tuned engine.. and that I can get it runnin'.. I believe that people can be mean and scary.. and good too, depending on how they wanna be.. and I believe that there's beautiful things to see out there in the 'verse..
Sabrina McGee: I believe in the freedom to live your life how you wanna live it.. without interference.. from governments or religion.. or anyone else who thinks they gotta right over you.. and I believe in love.
Sabrina McGee: Do you believe in love, Shen?
Shay Jiutai: I've loved before...
Shay Jiutai: and lost them...
Shay Jiutai: in the most horrible way you can imagine...
Shay Jiutai: It may be difficult for me to fully give myself again... but I would want to for you...
Shay Jiutai: you make me want to do just about anything...
Sabrina McGee: I hope you can..
Sabrina McGee: because I'd love for you to give yourself to me.. and me to you..
Shay Jiutai: I'd take care of you...
Shay Jiutai: I won't let any harm come to you...
Sabrina McGee smiles..
Sabrina McGee: I love the sentiment.. but I do have to smile at the humor in it too.. :)
Shay Jiutai: how so?
Sabrina McGee: you have to admit.. there's an inherent amusement factor that I'm so much taller than you, and yet, you can probably outgun anyone around..
Shay Jiutai: well, there is that...
Shay Jiutai giggles
Sabrina McGee: I'm going to absolutely love the first time you stand up in front of me.. and the other guy is gonna be like, "What? What's she gonna do?"
Shay Jiutai: heehee...
Shay Jiutai gives Sabrina a sloppy wet french kiss
Sabrina McGee arches a brow but returns the kiss..
Sabrina McGee: Not quite what I had in mind, but it'll do.. ;)
[FADE TO BLACK]

No comments: