Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Before the battle. . .



Gabriel Keats: ::looks at Rae:: You ready, Cap'n?

Rae Overholt: As ready as you can be for a fight. Adrenaline is pretty high, you?

Gabriel Keats: ::gives a smile that's mostly relaxed: I've been in worse. Not lookin' forward to it. . .

Gabriel Keats: You ever been in a battle, Rae?

Rae Overholt: Just minor stuff. Mostly security work. Nothing large.

Gabriel Keats: That's right. . .::tilts his head:: You said you were on Persephone, right?

Rae Overholt: Yes, grew up there. Docks.

Gabriel Keats: I've been there. . .::grins:: I ever see you before?

Rae Overholt: I dont know. I dont ..you remind me of someone, but. I'm not sure if I ever met you.

Gabriel Keats: I got the strangest feeling. . .'course there are lots of folk down by the docks. Ain't many as pretty as you, though.

Rae Overholt smiles at Gabe, "thanks. Not many as colorful either. What did you do? Maybe in my hijinx I ran into you once?"

Gabriel Keats: Investigated. Looked into things. . .saw lots of interesting people. Most of em were pretty bad, but some. . .they were okay. What in the hell were you doin' down there, though?

Rae Overholt: Surviving..learning. Stayed at the Blue Dragon Dojo with my master.

Gabriel Keats: Hnuh. I've been to that dojo a few times. . .just in and out, mostly, answering questions.

Gabriel Keats: Shame I don't remember you. . .::grins wickedly:: I should've.

Rae Overholt: Most likely I'd have been cleaning.

Rae Overholt: Why Gabe, are you hitting on me? Everyone else is too scared to.

Gabriel Keats: They're the cowardly sort. Frankly, I'm more scared of Xiao.

Rae Overholt: She is a fright sometimes.

Rae Overholt: Seems if I ever want to dance here I will have to order it. Unless you become my dance partner.

Gabriel Keats: Cap'n. . .Rae. . .I'd dance with you anytime. Just none of those strange Core dances. Those are a mite confusing.

Rae Overholt: Sometimes Gabe, you slip up..and its obvious you are from the core. Why hide it?

Gabriel Keats: ::lowers his voice, loses the country accent, his voice sounding almost cultured:: It's not a place that I like to think about.

Gabriel Keats: . . .please. . .don't tell the others.

Rae Overholt: I'm sorry to hear that. Don't worry. Maybe you can fill me in some time on it?

Rae Overholt: You're good with pretending arent you?

Gabriel Keats: ::closes his eyes, seeming to be thinking of something far off and horrible:: I am.

Rae Overholt: I guess I'll have to watch you then. *Reaches out and touches his arm* You ok?

Gabriel Keats: ::opens his eyes and smiles, all traces of the angst gone, and the accent returned:: Hell, I'm perfection itself.

Rae Overholt smirks at him. "sure Gabe, you're very nice, I"ll admit that, but none of us are perfect" She states, giving him a sly once over.

Gabriel Keats: Well, we're a damn sight closer than most. ::raises his eyebrows:: Dýou mind if I ask you a question?

Rae Overholt gives him a little suprised look, "I suppose, ask away. Don't reckon I have to answer if I dont want."

Gabriel Keats: That you don't. . .why'd you leave Persephone?

Rae Overholt: I wanted to see the stars. Close up.

Gabriel Keats: You can sure see 'em here. . .complete lack of bright lights.

Rae Overholt: Yes, they are beautiful. I try to get a rock from the planets I visit. Never know when that rock might be all thats left.

Rae Overholt reaches up and touches her necklace.

Gabriel Keats: ::follows her hand:: Where's that one from?
[19:21] Rae Overholt 's face closes off, "Nowhere, just, just a childhood fairytale told by an older brother dead and gone."

Gabriel Keats: ::tenatively touches your hand, squeezes a little:: Fairytales never die.

Rae Overholt smiles at Gabe, "Didn't figure you for the romantic type."

Gabriel Keats: I ain't. But I thought you might need it. ::gives a half smile:: Sometimes we all need a hand.

Gabriel Keats: ::the only thing giving away his nervousness is his eyes--they're bright, pupils dialated::

Rae Overholt: That we do. Let's go follow the others and do this thing.

No comments: