Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Hanging with the Locals 11-27-06

Sabrina: Welcome back, cutie.. :)

Rae Overholt: Howdy Shen!

Shen Jiuta: Wow, that beer's strong... I'd better have some coffee...

Tillery Woodhen: Uh, no coffee here.

Shen Jiuta: Hiya babe..

Tillery Woodhen: still tracking that down

Tillery Woodhen: btw, Rae, your crew is always welcome here. Don't worry about a bar tab

Rae Overholt: Thanks Tillery.. :) We might hold you to that.

Rae Overholt: Might pick up somethin out in the black for ya, too.

Tillery Woodhen: Thank ya, ma'am

Tillery Woodhen: And thanks, Wolf

Shen Jiuta: Hiya Captn'

Wolf Erskine: Not a problem I deal in certain food stuffs

Rae Overholt: Hiya

Rae Overholt: So, I haven't seen XIao li or Kevin. Any of you seen them?

Tillery Woodhen: I haven't seen them myself. but it's actually gotten busy here

Shen Jiuta: Ain't seen anyone else tonight...

Tillery Woodhen: Does look like there's more people in town now

Shen Jiuta: Gabe' s here...

Sabrina: looks like Gabe and Rol are about

Sabrina: Hey there Gabe

Gabriel Keats: This is new, ain't it?

Tillery Woodhen: Can i get you anything Gabe?

Shen Jiuta: Hi Gabe

Sabrina McGee: Till's got his own bar to compete with Rol.. ;)

Tillery Woodhen: Kinda. been here for a couple weeks, finally open now

Gabriel Keats: In a stunning change of plans, I'm actually not needin' a drink yet.

Tillery Woodhen: How about coffee, Gabe?

Gabriel Keats: Sure, I'll take some coffee.

Rae Overholt: So Gabe..You seen Kevin or Xiao li?

Gabriel Keats: Can't say as I have, no.

Rae Overholt: Well, I hope she didn’t get some hair brained scheme and decide to run off with him.

Sabrina chokes into her beer.

Gabriel Keats bursts out laughing.

Sabrina starts to hack and cough.

Shen Jiuta: I think Xaio is indisposed tonight...

Gabriel Keats: You all right there, Sabrina?

Sabrina: Rule #1: don't visualize

Tillery Woodhen laughs aloud.

Shen Jiuta: heehee

Sabrina McGee: Hey Shen, mind if I sit?

Shen Jiuta: So, Captn', we gonna go after this pirate?

Rae Overholt: I would say so..soon as we get our intelligence back.

Shen Jiuta: We gotta manifest for the Osprey?

Rae Overholt: You can have my seat, Sabrina.. I'm going to check to see if Roland has any messages for me from Miss Jadi.

Rae Overholt: What's upstairs barkeep?

Tillery Woodhen: My bedroom.

Rae Overholt: ahh.

Rae Overholt: just wondered.

Sabrina snerks

Tillery Woodhen: You're welcome to take a look.

Rae Overholt grins at Sabrina.

Sabrina stifles a chuckle.

Rae Overholt: Maybe Later Tillery.

Rae Overholt grins at Tillery.

Tillery Woodhen: Just to look. Trust me.

Rae Overholt: Glad Xiao li isnt here to make comments over that one.

Tillery Woodhen: He's be a little off.

Shen Jiuta giggles.

Rae Overholt grins again. "Sure thing Tillery, it’s a widely mistaken viewpoint that I’m out to bed every man in the vicinity, just cause I'm friendly "

Tillery Woodhen: LOL

Tillery Woodhen: You're an attractive woman, but...

Sabrina: A fact of which we love to amuse ourselves with and torment the captain with to no end..

Gabriel Keats: Some folk're just jealous, Cap'n.

Tillery Woodhen: LOL

Rae Overholt: To each his own Tillery. Might be Gabe might be.

Tillery Woodhen: hmmmmmm

Tillery Woodhen: :D

Sabrina: I'm not jealous.. I think it's just funny as all hell

Gabriel Keats: Not sayin' it's you.

Shen Jiuta: our Captn' tightpants...

Rae Overholt: I HEARD THAT

Tillery Woodhen: hehehe

Sabrina: True enough.. :)

Rae Overholt: So, new around here?

Gabriel Keats: Hey, Cap'n. I see we have a new face.

Rae Overholt: Looks like. Found her looking for Roland.

Gabriel Keats: Rol ain't around?

Rae Overholt: Seems he stepped out.

Rae Overholt: Getting kinda strange how folks keep disappearing around here tonight.

Gabriel Keats extends his hand to Elsbeth. "Name's Gabe. Pleased to meetcha."

Elsbeth McConachie: Howdy, glad to meet you

Sabrina McGee: Hey there.. what's shakin'?

Elsbeth McConachie: Its been kinda lean lately

Gabriel Keats: That's just the way around here, I guess.

Rae Overholt: Works surely hard to find.

Elsbeth McConachie nods.

Shen Jiuta: New folk?

Elsbeth McConachie: Its getten so you cant be honest for your days work.

Shen Jiuta: Wait, I saw you in the bar the other night...

Elsbeth McConachie: yup

Gabriel Keats: 'Spose lying does help a bit at that.

Elsbeth McConachie: been deal'n with some reavers

Sabrina shivers

Shen Jiuta: You seen some?

Elsbeth McConachie: My shotty here, has made 'em stay down

Rae Overholt: I'll say. Can't believe it was only two of them, eh Shen?

Shen Jiuta: So, you been to Miranda?

Gabriel Keats: I heard about that. ::sarcastic:: I missed all the fun.

Rae Overholt looks at the newcomer

Sabrina: Okay.. I'll be inside until the talk stops..

Elsbeth McConachie: It’s been awhile since I was home, I am trying to find a way to clean it up.

Elsbeth McConachie: It was a good place before...

Rae Overholt looks at Gabe. "I'm sure there'll be more fun"

Shen Jiuta: I dunno... seems some folk what visit there go all wonky...

Gabriel Keats: Here's hoping there isn't.

Elsbeth McConachie: Wonky? How so?

Shen Jiuta gives a reassuring look to Sabrina...

Shen Jiuta: Well.. they go all"i'm a Reaver now" like...

Elsbeth McConachie: lol

Elsbeth McConachie: I got me a disguise to get real close to 'em, you want to see?

Rae Overholt: I think I’m going to keep Sabrina company

Shen Jiuta: Ya ought to be careful with that...

Elsbeth McConachie: to kill them.

Gabriel Keats: Why in the hell would you want to get close to’em?

Elsbeth McConachie: 'Course, you gotta smell like them.

Shen Jiuta: Folks around here shoot Reavers on sight.

Elsbeth McConachie: So I don’t do it all the time.

Shen Jiuta: I see a Reaver, I kill a Reaver, ask questions later...

Elsbeth McConachie: It’s a good plan.

Shen Jiuta: Lost folks close to me to Reavers.

Elsbeth McConachie: I like to infiltrate the ships, and then set it to ram the other.s

Rae Overholt: So,

Rae Overholt: Sabrina

Sabrina: I was gonna come back out.. I hate reaver talk.. but this is boring in here.

Sabrina: yes?

Rae Overholt: Is my little girl growin’ up?

Sabrina arches a brow.

Rae Overholt grins widely.

Rae Overholt: Does this mean I wont be able to get a dance out of either of you two eventually?

Sabrina McGee: I dunno if you could've ever called me 'little'.. I doubt that..

Rae Overholt giggles.

Sabrina: There's always room for Jello..

Rae Overholt laughs.

Rae Overholt: So, how goes rigging the ship to appear dead in the water?

Rae Overholt notices the newcomer and changes topics.

Rae Overholt: And...watch out for Xiao Li. .she'll get all grumpy.

Sabrina: Hey again, Shen.. :)

Shen Jiuta: hey...

Sabrina: Umm.. when -isn't- she grumpy?

Rae Overholt: Well, there is that. Hopefully that'll change though.

Shen Jiuta: ain't seen her smile in ages...

Rae Overholt: Maybe she'll be less grumpy when we get paid

Sabrina: I'm sure she won't take kindly to any romantic entanglements -any- of us might get into..

Rae Overholt: I agree.

Rae Overholt: Seem's she's fixated on me though.

Sabrina: Or when she gets l..... nevermind

Rae Overholt: You don't reckon she likes me, do you?

Rae Overholt grins at Sabrina.

Shen Jiuta: Ain't thought of it that way...

Gabriel Keats: It isn't her business who's datin' who.

Sabrina rummages around behind the bar... "Hope Rol won't mind.."

Rae Overholt: I would agree with that Gabe.

Gabriel Keats stretches while sitting on the bar.

Rae Overholt watches Gabe out of the corner of her eye

Shen Jiuta: Well tell Rol to get his ass in here ifn' he does!

Sabrina: Well, I just think maybe she's jealous 'cos she's so grumpy all the time.. and we still manage to find some sort of happiness out here on the rim.. Whether it be someone to love, or a job to get engrossed in.. or..

Rae Overholt: Don't get splinters gabe. Or we'll make Xiao li get them out.

Rae Overholt: Dancin

Sabrina: She doesn't wanna see us happy or having fun 'cos it reminds her of her.

Gabriel Keats grins widely. "Like to see her try."

Gabriel Keats: You want to see her try dancing?

Rae Overholt: Course I could take them out..but it wont be pleasant.

Sabrina: I'd like to see her dance with Stoat..

Gabriel Keats: Well, I was with you till that last bit.

Rae Overholt blinks at Gabe and grins.

Shen Jiuta: Stoat? Ain't met him.

Rae Overholt: I think she should dance with Stoat. That'd be a wonderful thing to see.

Gabriel Keats: He a good dancer?

Rae Overholt: He's a happy dancer.

Sabrina: No.. that's the point.. He looks like a duck trying to figure out how to go to the bathroom.

Sabrina: I figure Xiao is probably just as good.. ;)

Shen Jiuta laughs.

Rae Overholt giggles.

Gabriel Keats: Happy is just a polite way of saying no. ::grins::

Elsbeth McConachie: Well I am off to my ship, thanky for the fine company

Gabriel Keats: Evenin.

Rae Overholt: Thanks for dropping by Els.

Shen Jiuta: Nice to see ya.

Sabrina: It was great to meet you, Elsbeth!

Shen Jiuta: I dunno 'bout her... too close to those Reavers... I'm gonna keep an eye on her...

Gabriel Keats: Eh, I don't think she's dangerous to anyone but herself. Goin' after them. . .crazy.

Rae Overholt: Don't blame you one bit Shay

Shen Jiuta: Ya spend too much time fixatin' on um, ya become one...

Sabrina shudders.

Rae Overholt: I agree..rather just shoot and be done with it myself.

Sabrina: I know all this talk is gonna give me nightmares.. I just know it.

Rae Overholt: Think about happy things Sabrina.

Rae Overholt: Milk, and puppies, and kittens.

Gabriel Keats: Well. . .we don't want a sleep-deprived mechanic.

Rae Overholt: Chocolate

Rae Overholt: God, my kingdom for some chocolate.

Shen Jiuta: Ah, there there sweetie... don't be scared...

Sabrina: well tuned induction coils..

Rae Overholt: Yep..plenty of engine oil.

Sabrina: Grav boots that don't invert and crack..

Rae Overholt nods.

Sabrina: Pretty dresses..

Shen Jiuta: Well, I didn't know the Capt'n had a sweet tooth...

Sabrina: Well, why do you think she hired all of us?

Sabrina giggles.

Shen Jiuta: heehee

Rae Overholt: Doesn't every woman love chocolate?

Gabriel Keats smiles wickedly.

Rae Overholt gives Sabrina a wink

Sabrina: Don't see much chocolate 'round here much.. Doesn't do much for the ranchers and it gets all dusty and melty..

Shen Jiuta: I'll have to see what I can dig up on the black market...

Sabrina: I did have a small piece of white chocolate once, though..

Rae Overholt: Oh Shen, I would owe you several dances for that!

Rae Overholt: Was it divine Sabrina?

Sabrina: traveling salesman came through..

Sabrina looks up and beams.

Rae Overholt notes the look on her face.. "See a fellow chocolate lover"

Gabriel Keats: Speakin'of dances. . .I'm going to need to run back to my place for a bit, but before I go. . .::looks to Rae:: Would you favor me with a dance?

Shen Jiuta smiles impishly.

Rae Overholt: Well, I thought you'd never ask!

Sabrina: 'Course, he had to give away chocolate.. He was soo joo bah jeh..

Shen Jiuta: Well, I think I know what these ladies like...

Sabrina McGee: Oh, and what would that be?

Shen Jiuta: Choclate for one...

Sabrina: I like dancing, too..

Shen Jiuta: you do?

Sabrina nods.. "Uh huh.."

Shen Jiuta: Well, why are you sittin' there?

Sabrina: 'Cos I need someone to dance with, silly!

Gabriel Keats: This is that new dance they're doin' on Sihnon.

Rae Overholt: It's called the mirror dance.

Rae Overholt: You have to imitate your partner's moves three steps behind them.

Rae Overholt: Without looking.

Gabriel Keats: Personally, I never got these fancy dances. . .

Rae Overholt: They are a bit ...trite(?)

Gabriel Keats: . . .But I heard they're right impressive to the fairer gender. ::gives a rueful smile::

Rae Overholt: We do love them. Although I'm not sure if it’s the dances, or the being held close that’s the best.

Gabriel Keats: Well, this is a lot of things, but close isn't one of 'em.

Sabrina: Howdy, Mr. Stoat!

Stoat: Evenin' all

Rae Overholt: That is true.

Rae Overholt Evening Stoat

Rae Overholt: Hey Tillery

Rae Overholt: Welcome

Gabriel Keats: Hey, Stoat

Tillery Woodhen: hey

Stoat: What horrors face us this evenin'?

Tillery Woodhen: Did you hear something like gun shots?

Stoat: Is that a pole dance pose? Did I miss something interesting?

Stoat: Uh... huh.

Stoat: (muttering) definitely need to hang about more often...

Sabrina: mmmm..

Gabriel Keats: Usually, they use Londinium jazz for this dance. . .but I suppose this works as well.

Shen Jiuta looks into Sabrina's eyes...

Tillery Woodhen: lol

Gabriel Keats smiles, and speaks in low tones. "Impressed yet?"

Stoat: No problem, luv, we're all enjoying this one.

Shen Jiuta laughs

Tillery Woodhen smiles

Sabrina: Well, I must say this is the most friendly crew I've ever heard of..

Stoat: Although some sort of oil might improve matters a touch.

Sabrina McGee: I got some 3n1 back at the..

Tillery Woodhen: Words fail me right now

Stoat: Not quote what I... y'know, that might work

Rae Overholt grins up at Gabe and says quietly, "Impressed you wanted to dance. Not scared of me, eh?"

Tillery Woodhen laughs.

Sabrina grins evilly

Shen Jiuta: There's goose grease in the galley...

Stoat: Does your oil can make that "doo-pock doo-pock" noise? Cuz I have this recurring Wizard of Oz fantasy...

Tillery Woodhen backs away from Stoat

Gabriel Keats: I respect you. And I can't say I wasn't a mite nervous.

Stoat: What's wrong, Scarecrow?

Tillery Woodhen: For some reason, that just sounded really wrong.

Stoat: It's your fault, you gave me the beer.

Tillery Woodhen: hehehe

Stoat: Heading dowstairs for a few minutes. Carry on, all.

Tillery Woodhen: see ya

Stoat: Oh, wait. If you actually *do* start carrying on, give me a call.

Rae Overholt giggles and says "I only bite upon request Gabe. I think you're safe. Nice to get some respect though."

Tillery Woodhen: I'm gonna take a look outside.

Gabriel Keats gives a mischievous look, but says nothing.

Sabrina: Hey you too..

Rae Overholt shakes her head slightly the thought "men" written all over her face as she grins widely.

Rae Overholt: Yes Sabrina?

Sabrina: Umm.. biting? Save it for the bunk.. ;)

Rae Overholt: HEY..no bunking!

Rae Overholt: No one asked me to bite!

Gabriel Keats gives his best innocent look.

Sabrina: I dunno.. you and Gabe are mightly friendly..

Rae Overholt raises an eyebrow

Gabriel Keats: Thank you for the dance, Rae.

Gabriel Keats bows.

Rae Overholt: Oh Sabrina, don’t you start too.

Sabrina: But then, hell, Cap'n, I might even think about asking for a nibble.. >)

Rae Overholt: Thank YOU Gabe it was nice.

Rae Overholt laughs at Sabrina's statement "You naughty girl Sabrina."

Gabriel Keats: That it was. I shall return shortly (going away, I'll be back later)

Rae Overholt: See you later Gabe.

Sabrina McGee: Although I definitely think Gabe's got the right idea about how to treat the women on this crew.. He certainly seems to get the best response out of all the other men..

Rae Overholt: I agree. He's much more companionable than Lexi or Kevin. Rio has his moments.

Rae Overholt: Find anything outside, Tillery?

Tillery Woodhen: Real quiet tonight

Tillery Woodhen: No.

Sabrina: Try the dancing again, Shen?

Tillery Woodhen: Wait a sec

Tillery Woodhen: Hello.

Shen Jiuta: Sure.

Stoat: 'ullo. You've been left hangin' luv.

Sabrina: Shen'll get here.. ;)

Stoat: You hold you arms up and you get a woman? I been doing it the hard way, I 'ave

Sabrina: Hey there!

Tillery Woodhen: I really need to stop coming in on the tail of convos.

Stoat: It doesn't help, trust me.

Tillery Woodhen: Hello Quiet

Quiet Roar: Hi

Rae Overholt Hello stranger, would you like a drink?

Stoat: Welcome to Washtown, or a sizeable portion of it.

Quiet Roar: Looks like a nice place for a drink.

Quiet Roar: I'd love one.

Tillery Woodhen: It is. Though for a tiny town, we have a lot of bars.

Stoat: There's the occasional bar fight and Reaver attack, but that adds, whadaya call, local color.

Tillery Woodhen: per capita at least.

Quiet Roar: Thanks, Tillery.

Tillery Woodhen: No prob.

Tillery Woodhen: Since Roland isn't here, I can pitch in.

Quiet Roar: Thanks, Rae hesitant look

Rae Overholt: No problem Quiet.

Shen Jiuta: ah, about time...

Shen Jiuta smiles at Sabrina.

Shen Jiuta: So, who's the newcomer?

Stoat: I 'ad the wonky once. Two weeks soaking me yayas in kerosene.

Shen Jiuta: sounds painfull

Sabrina: hope you don't smoke, Mr. Stoat..

Stoat grins evilly. "Ah, but it was worth it, love."

Tillery Woodhen: Every once in a while, Stoat really worries me.

Shen Jiuta wraps a hand behind Sabrina's back and steps lively...

Stoat: Now there's a vice I never picked up, and considering how I approached all the other ones with gusto I have to wonder how I missed it. What do you think, a pipe would give me that distinguished look, eh?

Tillery Woodhen: You're not missing much.

Shen Jiuta: You are quite the dancer...

Stoat: I'd be all respectable like.

Rae Overholt laughs at Stoat.

Shen Jiuta: Distinguished business man?

Sabrina: More like Sandy Claus..

Rae Overholt: Why you wanna be distinguished?

Stoat: Pillar o' the community.

Shen Jiuta giggles

Stoat: Befitting my station, y'see.

Shen Jiuta gives Sabrina a wink and surpresses a laugh.

Stoat: Hmm. This isn't quite the effect I was going for.

Rae Overholt: Certainly Mr. Stoat. I see.

Shen Jiuta: I like a man with a pipe, My dad smoked one...

Stoat: Pipe gives you something to gesture with, see. It's an accessory.

Shen Jiuta whispers "course I only like men so much..."

Rae Overholt: So does a straw.

Shen Jiuta: heehee

Stoat: 'Ere now, men are all right, some of us. A few of us. One or two.

Rae Overholt: Yeah, one, on a really good day.

Stoat: All right, just me.

Shen Jiuta: Till's OK.

Sabrina: You could always get one of those fancy cigarette holders..

Rae Overholt laughs loudly..

Rae Overholt: You are a funny man, Stoat..

Shen Jiuta giggles

Tillery Woodhen: Thank you, Shen.

Sabrina: Yeah, Stoat's okay.. but mostly 'cos he ain't trying to get into all our pants..

Sabrina: just the wallets -out- of 'em.. ;)

Tillery Woodhen: LOL

Shen Jiuta giggles.

Stoat: Unless you're a woman in a slinky dress, the cigarette holder just makes you like the evil villain what's going to get scragged in the last scene.

Rae Overholt: And even if you are a woman in a slinky dress, sometimes it still has the same effect.

Sabrina sings.. "Cruella De Ville.. Cruella De Ville.. "

Shen Jiuta smirks.

Stoat: I respect you ladies highly, because I value your personalities and your intelligence and because every one of you could take me in a fair fight.

Tillery Woodhen: I haven't seen that in years.

Tillery Woodhen: I like women like that.

Rae Overholt: That’s why you don’t fight fair right, Stoat?

Sabrina smirks..

Sabrina: I dunno, Stoat.. But I could swipe at you with the wrench..

Stoat: No percentage in it, madam.

Rae Overholt laughs again.

Stoat: Never, never piss off an engineer. Learned that to my regret, I did. They're too gorram inventive at ways to get back at you.

Rae Overholt: And to think. I thought you liked us for our thin thighs.

Stoat: Often with something steam powered.

Sabrina: You shoulda heard last week, Stoat.. ;)

Rae Overholt eyes Sabrina.

Stoat: I admire you for your thighs, luv. But I can do that from a safe distance.

Rae Overholt giggles.

Shen Jiuta laughs

Sabrina: I'm right friendly.. but y'know, you get me upset and I can just shut the engine down close to a planet's gravity well..

Stoat: See? See? That's the sort of thing I'm on about!

Tillery Woodhen: remind me never to get you ladies pissed at me

Stoat: Bloody engineers. Slip one a little squeeze and next thing your cabin loses pressure

Sabrina: Or in your case, Stoat.. I might just reprogram your coffee maker.. ;)

Tillery Woodhen: Now that's really mean.

Sabrina: So, Shen.. did you pick out a bunk yet?

Stoat: Or your toilet starts operating in reverse, with added force.

Shen Jiuta: I'm aft on the Starboard side...

Stoat: I dress to the left, me.

Shen Jiuta: That was fun...

Stoat: G'nite, luv.

Sabrina: g'night, cutie.. ::reaches out and takes her hand::

Tillery Woodhen: ooo. popcorn

Shen Jiuta winks at Sabrina and says"g'night love"

Stoat: Just enjoyin' the show.

Sabrina gives Shay a big hug.

Shen Jiuta: Stoat, you are a scoundrel.

Stoat: I'm just misunderstood, I am.

Tillery Woodhen: About matches what i was thinking.

Stoat: But I'm a romantic. I'm a sucker for young love.

Shen Jiuta: G'night all.

Stoat: Especially when 3in1 oil is involved.

Tillery Woodhen: G'night. I'm gonna have to shower after that comment.

Sabrina: Oh, that's for -you- Stoat..

Sabrina: we've got the boar ready for you in the hold.. >)

Rae Overholt at Tillery, "Let me introduce you to our distinguished gentleman."

Stoat: Wow, is that the time? I think I need to be off somewhere where I control the life support...

Sabrina: Just remember, I can out engineer you..

Stoat: Understood. A gentleman is what I'll be, and nothing but.

Sabrina: We wouldn't expect anything less.. *laugh*

Stoat: But even a gentleman has to have his pleasures, or where would he be? Might as well be a bloody preacher, otherwise.

Sabrina: Just so long as those pleasures are behind closed doors.. ;)

Rae Overholt: We have closed doors upstairs..but the walls are mighty thin

Rae Overholt looks at Sabrina.

Stoat: We noticed that last week...

Rae Overholt: Did ya now?

Sabrina: Well, Cap'n.. fancy a dance?

Sabrina: So did we..

Tillery Woodhen: okay.

Rae Overholt: Absolutely, which dance would you prefer?

Stoat: Have you ladies seen the new meditation center on the other side of Washtown?

Sabrina: Meditation center?

Rae Overholt: No Stoat, do tell.

Tillery Woodhen: Ciphertazi built it. or at least put it in.

Stoat: From Ciphertazi. Peaceful place, with an excellent view of my store. Which is open for business now, by the way.

Tillery Woodhen: We're getting a nice little commercial district going.

Stoat: All the better for the community, sir. Get those tourist dollars out in the open, where they'll grow and prosper.

Tillery Woodhen: And we are getting some tourists too, you wanna dance, Stoat?

Stoat: Quite a few lately. Hmm. Who would lead?

Tillery Woodhen: I'm flexible, you can lead :)

Stoat: Fair enough. Man o' the world, I am. But no slow dances, and anythng you notice is like to be a concealed weapon.

Sabrina eyes Stoat.. "Got a derringer tucked away?"

Stoat: Got a number of surprises for a rainy day.

Tillery Woodhen: Hmmm. they're all slow dances.

Sabrina: Well, there's always that pole dance.. ::evil grin::

Sabrina: I mean.. That way, one of you doesn't really have to do anything.. ;)

Tillery Woodhen: Oh my.

Stoat: You were right about the flexible part...

Tillery Woodhen: you have no idea. And probably don't want to

Stoat: Ha!

Sabrina: Well, it's better than that rubber chicken dance I saw you doing last week..

Tillery Woodhen: She's got a point.

Stoat: She usually does.

Sabrina: I've got quite a few points.. at the end of every screwdriver, saw, and drill.. Sabrina smiles sweetly..

Rae Overholt grins

Stoat: I do cut quite the figure, I don't mind sayin'.

Tillery Woodhen: Yes, you do.

Sabrina: Now where's Gabe to walk in when we need him?

Tillery Woodhen: I think he's at the meditation space.

Stoat: Hey, 'e never asked me to dance, so the hell wit' him.

Rae Overholt giggles, "or Xiao li".

Stoat: So wrench lady... your little friend doesn't mind you getting jiggy with the captain here, or is this something you keep quiet? Askin' just for information, no harm meant o' course

Rae Overholt: Captain's privilege.

Sabrina: Everything's all platonic with the Boss lady.. Xiao Li wouldn't have it any other way..

Stoat: Makes sense. No wonder everyone wants to be captain.

Sabrina: Don't mean I can't take pleasure in dancing with a pretty lady, now, right Stoat?

Stoat: It's good to be the king.

Sabrina: I mean.. you aiming to bed every gal you dance with here?

Rae Overholt: Yes it is.

Stoat: I certainly do at that. No offense, Mr. Woodhen.

Tillery Woodhen: None taken, Stoat.

Stoat: Um, I meant I enjoy dancing with the ladies, not trying to bed them all. You answered faster than I could type.

Stoat: Trying to bed every woman you meet is gambling, is all. I prefer sure things.

Sabrina: Then you're a smart man, Stoat..

Stoat: Ideally with a transaction involved. Then you know you get what you pay for. Just need a lady with a strong work ethic.

Sabrina: Although if you want a "sure thing," you might have to swear off women altogether.. 'Cos I sure ain't never seen no women you could -ever- be 100% sure of

Tillery Woodhen: Okay, i definitely need to shower now.

Rae Overholt: huh

Rae Overholt looks quizically at Sabrina

Stoat: Not to switch gears, but what fun is a woman you're sure of? Makes a man lazy, is all.

Sabrina: And fat! Just like Poppa..

Stoat: If I were ever to look for a Mrs. Stoat, she'd 'ave to be someone that could outthink me. And no cracks about how easy that would be!

Rae Overholt: That'd be a hard task Stoat.

Tillery Woodhen: We wouldn't dar, Stoat.

Stoat: Thank you, the both of you. There was a lady about some time back, redheaded, busty, real beauty, with a mind twistier than a compression coil. beddeviled a number of Firefly captains before she took off. Now there was a woman!

Sabrina: I like the sounds of her.. wonder why that is?

Stoat: Didn't get her name. To listen to the men grumbling about her in the bar, there were dozens.

Rae Overholt: You have a thing for redheads.

Stoat: She’d be a challenge and a half, and no mistake.

Sabrina: I dunno, Stoat, I bet you I could give you a run for your money.. Although to be fair, I'd rather help gather the money than give you a run for it..

Sabrina: Redheads, blondes, brunettes.. blue.. pink..

Tillery Woodhen: Well, folks. it's getting towards my bedtime.

Sabrina: G'night, Till!

Rae Overholt: Night Till!

Sabrina blows a kiss towards Till.

Tillery Woodhen: I'll see you all later.

Rae Overholt: Thanks for hanging out.

Stoat: Thanks for the dance, mate.

Tillery Woodhen: Thank you for coming by my place.

Stoat: And there's something I don't say ever day

Tillery Woodhen: Was nice to get some activity there.

Tillery Woodhen: G'night all.

Stoat: Ladies, I'm off for a bit. Delightful to see you, as always.

Rae Overholt: Cabridges

Sabrina: G'night, Cab..

Rae Overholt: night even

Xiao Li, hung-over and much grumpier than usual, drags herself into the bar.

Rae Overholt looks to Xiao Li, "Evening Xiao Li, you feeling ok?"

Xiao Li grumbles something unintelligible.

Rae Overholt looks at her warily, waiting for a comment.

Xiao Li: Whadda you care?

Rae Overholt: Gotta take care of my crew.

Xiao Li doesn't meet Rae's eyes.

Sabrina: You're still crew, Xiao.

Rae Overholt shakes her head slightly, "You'll be fine Xiao Li, just act like crew."

Sabrina: You don't throw a kitten away just 'cos it has an accident. You just gotta train it.

Xiao Li: So 'm a pet now, izzat it?

Rae Overholt looks at Xiao Li. "Why you wanna wear a collar?"

Xiao Li: Who said I wanted to?

Sabrina: Okay, Xiao, get off it. You smart enough to work the cortex like you do and you can't see an analogy?

Rae Overholt: I’m not into that myself

Xiao Li: Ain't gonna be a pet or a charity case.

Rae Overholt: Good I don’t have time to clean up after either.

Rae Overholt: Now, pull yourself up by your bootstraps and perk up.

Xiao Li takes a swig of whiskey and mutters, "Think I liked it better when you were mad at me."

Rae Overholt: I can get that way again.

Sabrina glares.

Rae Overholt looks at Sabrina, "What? I'm just sayin."

Sabrina: Not you, Cap'n..

Xiao Li slinks off to a corner and starts up her Cortex feed.

Rae Overholt: Okay.

Xiao Li: You still want me t' put in that fake record for th' Hope?

Rae Overholt: Yes please, Xiao Li.

Baroun Tardis: ni-hou

Sabrina: Nihao, Baroun

Gabriel Keats: Looks like the dance worked better for you two.

Sabrina: Apparently

Xiao Li furiously.

Rae Overholt: Gabe. Welcome back.

Sabrina: I think that's quickly going to become my favorite new word..

Gabriel Keats: So, Xiao, what's up?

Xiao Li keeps typing, oblivious to her surroundings.

Gabriel Keats: Right then. The work.

Rae Overholt: Nihao?

Sabrina: Chinese for hello.

Gabriel Keats: Rae, I do have something for you when you're less occupied.

Rae Overholt: OO..for me?

Rae Overholt looks at Sabrina.

Sabrina: Oh, no, not Nihao.

Rae Overholt Why is it going to be your favorite word though?

Sabrina: I meant "Dance."

Rae Overholt: Ohh

Xiao Li: I thought it was "Apparently."

Rae Overholt: Sabrina...can I beg off for a moment?

Sabrina: Better than "90 proof."

Rae Overholt: Gabe's got something. I like somethings.

Xiao Li turns off her goggles and stands up.

Rae Overholt: so. Something?

Gabriel Keats: Yeah.

Rae Overholt smiles hopefully.

Dawg Shatzkin: howdy

Gabriel Keats: I gave half of this to you that night you got all liquored up.

Dawg Shatzkin: sup mer

Xiao Li: Who'zis guy?

Rae Overholt: You did?

Gabriel Keats: ::takes out a half eaten chocolate bar wrapped in foil::

Rae Overholt 's eyes widen as she eyes the chocolate bar. "Say it isn’t so!"

Gabriel Keats: Yeah. Doc said you had to eat something. This was all I had.

Rae Overholt: You carry around chocolate?

Rae Overholt edges up to Gabe with an odd look in her eyes

Gabriel Keats: . . .it was going to be my dinner. That day. But I ran to my place to get it, seein' as you already had the first half.

Gabriel Keats: Wasn't like I was gonna eat it. Got a job now; I can afford real food.

Rae Overholt blinks a few times.

Rae Overholt: Wow.

Rae Overholt: I do believe that’s one of the nicest things a man has done for me in ages.

Sabrina: And here you were just talking about chocolate earlier with that Stoat fella

Xiao Li: Say what?

Gabriel Keats: I figure it'll pay for the first time I break somethin' on the ship. ::grins::

Sabrina: Wait.. Then why you givin' it to the Cap'n?

Rae Overholt takes the chocolate and looks hungrily at it. "Split it with you."

Sabrina: -I'm- the one gonna have to fix it.. nah, 'soaky.. I still prefer the white stuff..

Rae Overholt breaks off a small piece and hands it to Sabrina.

Rae Overholt breaks off another and hands it to Gabe.

Rae Overholt breaks the last piece in half and offers a piece to Xiao Li.

Sabrina: You shoulda seen Stoat dancing with the new barkeep down the road, though.. that was funny.

Gabriel Keats accepts the piece.

Rae Overholt: It was a site.

Gabriel Keats: That would've been an interesting pair.

Xiao Li gives Rae a sidelong look... but takes the chocolate anyway.

Sabrina: I got a picture :)

Rae Overholt grins slightly to herself and pops the chocolate in her mouth saying around it "I could just kiss you Gabe" before turning around and sitting on a barstool.

Sabrina: There ya go, Xiao.. Hot chocolate coffee! Just like them fancy places in the core...

Gabriel Keats grins, leans back on one arm.

Xiao Li: Meh. Don't care f'r the fancy stuff myself. Oughta be able to taste what you're drinkin'.

Rae Overholt: Everything's better with chocolate.

Xiao Li: So Stoat's been briefed on our plan?

Rae Overholt: I thought you briefed him?

Rae Overholt gives Xiao Li a blank look.

Xiao Li: Thought I did, then it sounded like we might be changin' it.

Rae Overholt: I don’t think we are...Too bad Miss Jadi isn’t here.

Xiao Li: Okay then.

Rae Overholt fidgets slightly and looks uncertain for a moment.

Gabriel Keats: We have plan now?

Rae Overholt: You were there for the plan.

Gabriel Keats grins.

Gabriel Keats: I know.

Gabriel Keats: But I like scaring people.

Rae Overholt: You're still going to get out and spread the word about the haul right?

Gabriel Keats: Once I know Stoat's in, I got no problem with doin' that.

Xiao Li: Yeah, that's what I was just workin' on.

Rae Overholt: Shiny Xiao Li.

Gabriel Keats: Any of the other crew show up around here?

Rae Overholt: Just us chickens.

Gabriel Keats: We ain't chicken.

Rae Overholt: True...after the last week..with maltov cocktails flying ..and bullets wizzing..I’d say we're not.

Xiao Li smiles a little at the memory. "Good times."

Gabriel Keats: Wasn't that a few weeks back, cause I wasn't here.

Rae Overholt: Reckon you're right Gabe.

Sabrina: Whenever it was..

Sabrina: last week was that thing that we've forgotten and don't want to talk about

Rae Overholt: Yes..that thing.

Rae Overholt: So Gabe, where did you GET the chocolate?

Sabrina: MRE!

Rae Overholt eyes his pockets as if more might magically appear.

Gabriel Keats: Got it on my last run to the core.

Gabriel Keats: Souvenirs. . .but, hell, food's food when you're broke.

Xiao Li: Know how that goes.

Sabrina: "Wonka Bar.."

Rae Overholt: What did you go to the core for last?

Gabriel Keats: I think I might have another bar somewhere--can't remember if I ate it or not.

Gabriel Keats: Run of black market meat.

Sabrina McGee: You might wanna put that up on the auction block there, Gabe..

Gabriel Keats: Certain kinds you can't get in civilized places. . .that was a long time ago, though.

Sabrina: bet Rae’d pay a high price for it..

Rae Overholt: I might at that.

Xiao Li: Wonka? Ain't that th' guy on Sihnon who went batshit and locked himself in th' factory?

Sabrina: "Mmm.. Black market beagle.." *snerk*

Rae Overholt: Ate till he died I heard.

Sabrina: Huh..

Gabriel Keats: Ain't beagles. Think bigger and more rideable.

Sabrina: Moo?

Rae Overholt: horses???

Gabriel Keats nods.

Rae Overholt: What a shame.

Gabriel Keats: Didn't agree with it, but seein' as they were already dead and cut up. . .well. . .

Rae Overholt: True, true.

Rae Overholt: So, Gabe..what information have you been able to gather, anything? On this pirate?

Gabriel Keats: Ain't heard much except he's picky as hell about his jobs.

Rae Overholt: Figures.

Gabriel Keats: We have to make it worth his while, or at least make him think that it is.

Rae Overholt: We should have a good haul..we'll be picking up supplies for this place.

Sabrina: hrmm.. put the word out we've got a line on coffee and chocolate?

Sabrina: Those are pretty big, right?

Gabriel Keats: Long as we have loads of supplies he can sell of. . .both of those are huge. If I find the other one, could offer it as proof--though that's a hell of a waste.

Gabriel Keats: But I think I found some folk what'll pass along the word so as soon as we're ready, we can tell them. . .I suspect it'll take maybe a day or two for him to head out to it.

No comments: