Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Brothel Slaves to Our Emotions (RP log 1/27/2007)

Scene: The Bar

Xiao Li is planted in the corner of the bar as usual, a drink in one hand and a Cortex datapad in the other.
Rae Overholt dozes fitfully on the couch.
Kevin Cliffe: hey 'brina.
Sabrina McGee: Hey Kevin
Kevin Cliffe: how's Raven holding up?
Sabrina McGee: Bout like always.. not much from the last job to worry about
Kevin Cliffe: Well, she's not near her crit age, thank Buddha...
Sabrina McGee: Shen!!
Sabrina McGee smiles widely
Kevin Cliffe: Hey Shen. Hey Gabe.
Gabriel Keats: "Evenin'"
Shen grins, "hi honey!"
Kevin Cliffe: Montanio. Hello.
Kevin Cliffe: You know, I've been meaning to ask...where the hell are you from?
Sabrina McGee: So anyways.. last week's job was completed successfully..
Lexi Vargas: So we noticed....
Rio Starr pads up to the bar. "That's a good thing," he adds in.
Lexi Vargas: And..we blew a few things up.
Rio Starr grins, looking over to Lexi.
Sabrina McGee: I think I heard that..
Sabrina McGee: 'course, explosions are loud like that
Rae Overholt stands behind brina and leans on the bar, listening.
Rio Starr: "Well...it could have been worse. At least we were away from the ship."
Xiao Li is typing furiously on her Cortex datapad
Gabriel Keats grins at the memory. "That was great..."
Lexi Vargas: chuckles. "It was fun."
Shen rolls her eyes, "Boys"
Rio Starr looks down at himself. "Yes, last I checked."
Sabrina McGee: Still need to find time for Lexi and Shen to teach me to shoot..
Rae Overholt: Range downstairs brina. Do it there.
Shen: yeah, anytime...
Rio Starr nods to Rae, then moves to the bar to try to order some tea.
Xiao Li pulls off her goggles and stands up
Shen: let's go down to the range...
Rae Overholt returns his nod. "Xiao Li..whatcha doing over there?"
Sabrina McGee: Dunno if we're gonna have time, Shen..
Sabrina McGee: I mean.. I dunno if we've got work or not..
Sabrina McGee: but.. *shrug*
Kevin Cliffe: The thing is, while your manner is good for some things, we're all kinda on the same boat.
Rio Starr lifts his brows. "Do we have another job lined up already?" he asks Sabrina.
Gabriel Keats: "I hope we get another job. Need the coin."
Xiao Li shrugs. "Nothin' much... I'm goin' back to the ship for a bit."
Montanio Andalso tilts his head. "Are we? I'm not so sure about that."
Gabriel Keats looks at Mont. "You don't wanna go?"
Kevin Cliffe: You're out here on this moon, right?
Rio Starr glances over to Xiao Li curiously as he manages to get a cup of tea from the bartender. A cup, and one of those 'friendly' looks that would probably make a less-uptight man immediately order a whiskey to assuage the tender's hurt feelings.
Rae Overholt listens carefully as she watches Xiao Li wander out, wondering what trouble this means.
Rio Starr sighs. "Kevin...quit harassing him, please."
Kevin Cliffe: Just offering the man some advice.
Kevin Cliffe: And trying to bury the hatchet.
Rio Starr: "Granted, it's not easy to work with all of this tension going on between some of us..."
Rae Overholt: True.
Lexi Vargas: Very damn not easy. I am getting fast tired of every mission ending in hurt feelings, sulks and angst.
Montanio Andalso blinks. "Offering me advice about what? I told you all I am done with it. I'll get some passage of my own back to where I belong. I'm not upset about it...I just don't think this is the place for me."
Lexi Vargas: I am going to run out of grenades at this rate.
Sabrina McGee blinks
Sabrina McGee: I thought this was settled last week, Mont?
Gabriel Keats sips a glass of water, grins. "Can't run outta those, can ya?"
Sabrina McGee: I thought you were staying with us?
Rio Starr looks over to Montanio, brows rising again as he sets his cup down on the saucer. He glances over and gives Lexi a small smile, then focuses back on "Face".
Montanio Andalso blinks. "Oh...well throwing the grenades was fun but it doesn't really solve anything. I'm not upset...don't take this the wrong way."
Lexi Vargas: hmms "Well if you want to go Faceman, I say you should. No point staying where you don't want to be."
Kevin Cliffe: Guess I can't stop you either.
Rio Starr nods his agreement. "I'm sorry it didn't work out. Where will you go?"
Rae Overholt watches curiously. "Thought everyone wanted him to stay."
Gabriel Keats sighs. "Ain't our choice."
Rio Starr looks over to Rae. "We can't keep someone who doesn't want to stay. It's not fair to them."
Sabrina McGee: I wanted him to stay
Montanio Andalso smiles a little. "Oh...probably off to some core world where someone is waiting to adore me. They just don't know it yet."
Sabrina McGee: but I guess.. *sigh*
Sabrina McGee puts an arm around She
Rae Overholt looks at Rio. "Did he ever want to stay? Or was everyone always trying to convince him?"
Sabrina McGee: shen
Kevin Cliffe: Hey, even I did, and he and I didn't exactly get along. I mean I didn't get on well with him but...
Kevin Cliffe: Ah hell...
Rio Starr blinks a bit at Montanio's answer, then blushes slightly and chuckles.
Rae Overholt looks at Mont expectantly.
Gabriel Keats just looks at his water and doesn't say anything.
Shen moves closer to Sabrina... "s'OK hon, you'll see the core soon enough"
Kevin Cliffe pulls a gun from his waistband and hands it to Montanio grip-first...it looks almost new
Rio Starr shakes his head at Rae. "I really don't know. I mean...I'm sure a bunch of us were /hoping/ he'd stay. And hoping he wanted to...but it's just not something you can force someone to do."
Rae Overholt: Don't suppose it is.
Kevin Cliffe: In case you run into trouble on the way back. Seven shots in the clip, one in the chamber. Enough power to blow a reaver in half.
Kevin Cliffe: I might have called you "reaver bait" but nobody deserves to fall to those bastards.
Sabrina McGee sighs in exasperation..
Montanio Andalso holds the gun in a fashion that suggests he's never much used one. "Oh...well thank you for that. It does look rather intimidating, doesn't it?"
Lexi Vargas: wanders away to go terrorise the fish for a bit.
Sabrina McGee: Okay.. everyone's being silly..
Rio Starr folds his arms across the bar and glances to Sabrina. "Silly?"
Rae Overholt: Especially Mont. wanting to leave with Jadi still on the loose.
Sabrina McGee: Yeah.. everyone's so mad.. and I didn't want to say 'stupid.'
Rio Starr: "You have a point, Cap'n... but is it enough to get him to stay?"
Rae Overholt: Dunno.
Kevin Cliffe: Yeah, be sure to fire with both hands. It's got a helluva kick.
Rae Overholt: I'd think having a crew to keep you safe would mean a bit. Some folks dont know bout things like that till they lose it though.
Gabriel Keats: “I ain't mad.”
Gabriel Keats's body language says otherwise as he heads over to join Lexi by the fish.
Lexi Vargas: Kepp talking like the person you are talking is invisable....that will make him really want to stay.
Montanio Andalso exhales. "I appreciate you all speaking about me as if I were not standing right here...look...I have endured enough I think. And if treating me like a verbal punching bag and degrading me and making me feel worthless was your way of showing you wanted me to stay...I didn't get it."
Rio Starr blinks, watching everyone either wander off or sit or stand quiet in various bad tempers. He looks seriously back at Montanio. "I'm sorry, Montanio."
Kevin Cliffe: Look, man, I came to bury the hatchet of my own free will. Nobody suggested to me, prompted to me, or otherwise indicated that I should. Frankly you handled yourself well.
Rae Overholt notices Xiao Li with the hinky stranger and goes to check on them.
Kevin Cliffe: You fenced back pretty well verbally too.
Lexi Vargas: chats softly with Gabe and taps the glass...making fish twtch.
Lexi Vargas: huffs in slight exasperation then turns away from the ffish to amble over to Montanio.
Rio Starr shakes his head slightly, then drains his cup and sets it in its saucer, then places it on the bar, his movements very quiet.
Rae Overholt wanders back in, getting a drink for Xiao Li. "Xiao Li, that man asks too many questions..You know something?"
Lexi Vargas: trys to drape a arm over the facemans shoulders. "Well for what its worth....If I were you I would want to go too. I will miss you around tho and I was honored to have flow with you for this brief time"
Xiao Li saunters back into the bar behind Rae. "Now, I believe I was promised a drink?"
Gabriel Keats stares at the fish for a moment, then walks back to the bar. He gets a drink, downs it before anyone can stop him.
Kevin Cliffe: I almost hate to say it...but you'd have made a damn good roughneck.
Gabriel Keats's face is hurt, but he then tries to hide it by smiling
Rio Starr pads over to a chair and settles down. He watches the rest of you quietly, his head tipped down slightly so his face is mostly hidden by his hair.
Montanio Andalso smiles softly at Lexi and then nods. "Thank you. I appreciate that. Excuse me...I have to do one thing before I go." He wanders over towards Gabriel and then leans in to kiss his cheek. "Good luck with the Captain, Darling. I will miss you, but I know what you want most."
Xiao Li looks at Rae curiously. "Never seen 'im before tonight, Cap'n. You seen him around before?"
Rae Overholt puts out coin, "Drinks for everyone.”
Rae Overholt: Yeah I have Xiao Li.
Rae Overholt: Mont. I dont know why you're so insistent on going. Lexi seems to have taken a shine to you. So has brina and Rio and Gabe.
Gabriel Keats looks up, eyes blazing, and doesn't answer.
Xiao Li: When was that, Cap'n?
Rae Overholt: few Days ago Xiao Li. Before we hauled that moonshine.
Xiao Li: Huh. What was he askin' about?
Rae Overholt: The ship.
Rae Overholt: The crew.
Rae Overholt watches mont.
Xiao Li: You didn't tell 'im nothin', I hope.
Rae Overholt: Not a thing. Did you?
Xiao Li: Nope.
Rio Starr folds his fingers across his knee, still just listening and thinking.
Xiao Li: I ain't *stupid.*
Rae Overholt: Good.
Sabrina McGee: Well, in the meantime.. unless anyone else has any other ideas or we get a sudden job offer.. I'm gonna go bang my head against the engines.
Rae Overholt: Brina..don't go.
Sabrina McGee: Why not? Everyone else is, apparently.
Rae Overholt: Gorramit everyone this is rediculous.
Sabrina McGee: Exactly.
Xiao Li blinks. "Who's goin' where? What'd I miss?"
Rae Overholt: You're all going to sit here and shine your asses like this? Knowing if Mont leaves jadi might skin him alive?
Rio Starr taps his fingers a few times against his knee, shifting his gaze back to Rae and Sabrina. "What do you recommend? Mont, would you stand still while we tied you up?"
Sabrina McGee: Might skin us all alive..
Lexi Vargas: It's his choice and I am not about to force him to stay.
Montanio Andalso folds his arms over his chest. "I'll stay but I have some conditions. "
Rae Overholt: And Mont is going to sulk because He hasn't been pampered because I dont trust any of them? Well you can get over it, stay and earn your trust like everyone else is doing or you can give up, wander off and hope jadi dont catch you. I've already put my skin on the line for you three. Guess that dont count though.
Sabrina McGee: I recommend that we all stop acting like horse's asses.
Gabriel Keats bites back a sarcastic comment.
Xiao Li: Will somebody tell me what the tian xiao de is going on?!
Lexi Vargas: "I am getting tired of being told I am an ass.”
Rio Starr looks over to Montanio. "What conditions?"
Rae Overholt: SO AM I.
Montanio Andalso frowns at Merasu's comment. "Fine...just for that...I can guarantee I'll be getting a wealthy passage back to the core. You think I don't know valuable things about all of you?"
Gabriel Keats looks at Montanio patiently. The drink's setting in.
Rae Overholt: Exactly, thats my POINT.
Rio Starr goes pale and stands up. "Montanio...that's stepping on dangerous ground."
Rae Overholt: And here is my main concern.
Xiao Li raises an eyebrow. "Two can play at that game, hun dan."
Rae Overholt: THE GORRAM ISSUE IS. I dont want that game played at all!
Rio Starr frowns. "It's not a game. This is /serious/."
Sabrina McGee: I didn't say anyone was an ass, I said we're actling like them. And that was all-inclusive.
Gabriel Keats covers his ears. "EVERYONE SHUT THE RUTTIN HELL UP!"
Gabriel Keats glares at everyone.
Rae Overholt looks to gabe with concern. forgetting the rest for a moment.
Gabriel Keats: "Quit insulting each other."
Gabriel Keats: "Quit sniping."
Xiao Li shakes her head. "Ta ma de, I leave for *five minutes*..."
Montanio Andalso arches his brows. "What are you going to do...shoot me? Like members of your own crew haven't tries to kill you in the first place. "
Gabriel Keats: "Everyone."
Gabriel Keats puts a hand on his hip, near his gun. "Now." His voice is quiet, crisp, and low.
Rio Starr shakes his head, and walks out.
Gabriel Keats: "We are going to discuss this like rational people."
Rae Overholt grins despite herself.
Kevin Cliffe: Montanio...let me tell you something...if you do think you have any info on me you'd better think long and hard because the first thing the Alliance is going to do when they get that is put a bullet in your head. that's the fact.
Lexi Vargas: grins...."Give heck Gabe."
Gabriel Keats: "We aren't going to threaten anyone. We aren't going to insult anyone. We are going to act like adults."
Xiao Li: *muttering* Those ain't exactly mutually exclusive, y'know.
Sabrina McGee: Okay.. Soon as I can get back home.. everyone gets as much of my pa's best.. on me, okay!
Elsbeth McConachie: WOO HOO
Xiao Li raises her glass. Ah, alcohol cures all ills.
Gabriel Keats still has his stern face on. It looks very weird on him. "I could go for some of that."
Sabrina McGee: I wonder if pa has any of his old whiskey stock left?
Elsbeth McConachie: woo ee this is fine stuff
Lexi Vargas: "Well.....I better go see where the Doc went"
Elsbeth McConachie Billie stits at the bar with a glass and looks worn and drawn as she contemplate her life
Xiao Li sips her drink contemplatively
Rae Overholt eyes Gabe.
Kevin Cliffe: Hey, Montanio...you still sure you want out?
Kevin Cliffe: I used to live in the core too.
Gabriel Keats looks at Rae. "Yeah?"
Rae Overholt: You okay?
Elsbeth McConachie Petey flys over to Sabrina and rubs his head against her arm
Gabriel Keats: "Shiny."
Xiao Li: So Cap'n...
Rae Overholt: Yeah xiao li? *continues to watch gabe*
Xiao Li: That Andresen fella... did he tell *you* anything? About himself, or what he's doin' here?
Rae Overholt: Nope. Said he was looking for a job on a ship. I said ours was full up.
Montanio Andalso blinks. "No I would love to stay."
Xiao Li: Huh.
Rae Overholt: Course I figured in on three extra then. *glances to Mont.*
Rae Overholt: What'd he tell you Xiao li?
Kevin Cliffe: Say what?
Xiao Li: ...he was lookin' to hire, as it happens.
Rae Overholt: Huh.
Montanio Andalso smiles amiably to everyone, apparently everything forgotten.
Kevin Cliffe: Well, then...Montanio, I think you ought to learn how to shoot that thing.
Xiao Li: Weren't too clear on the details, so I wasn't terribly inclined to believe him.
Rae Overholt isnt sure if she should be relieved or worried at Mont's sudden change of heart but tries to take it in stride.
Gabriel Keats sits down, finally, and runs his finger over the rim of his empty glass
Montanio Andalso walks over to Fionn. "Will you show me then?"
Kevin Cliffe also wonders...if it's a genuine change in heart, then that's all good, and if it's not, better to have him close
Kevin Cliffe: We'd better go to the junkyard then. If anyone else wants to come shoot, please come with.
Rae Overholt whispers to brina, "Maybe you should give him some moonshine before he can change his mind."
Kevin Cliffe: might want your grubbies on, it can get muddy out therre.
Rae Overholt: There's a range downstairs.
Rae Overholt: Might as well practice there.
Rae Overholt: *calls out to them*.
Rae Overholt: C'mon I'll show you guys. Brina..wanna practice?
Rae Overholt: Gabe?
Sabrina McGee: Sure..
Kevin Cliffe: Okay..
Gabriel Keats: "What?"
Kevin Cliffe: Okay. gorram, you've got a strong arm.
Rae Overholt: Practice?
Gabriel Keats: "I'll watch."

The remainder of the crew heads downstairs to the basement and the range.

Kevin Cliffe: All right, now drop the clip, switch is by your thumb.
Kevin Cliffe passes Montanio the spare
Rae Overholt: Ok brina..got a gun?
Kevin Cliffe: Put the fresh one in, reach a little higher up for the slide release, and push.
Montanio Andalso takes a few practice shots and discovers...hey he's not bad at all! His right arm is strong for...well...reasons you probably don't want to know. He obeys Fionn and flips out the clip to get another one. "This is easy..."
Kevin Cliffe: It gets harder when you're being shot at.
Kevin Cliffe: But it's better when you can shoot back.
Sabrina McGee: Umm.. I have one that I borrowed from my pa..
Sabrina McGee: but I should probably have my own..
Rae Overholt: well take it out and try it out here.
Kevin Cliffe: Just wait until you have to clean it. Gotta be willing to get your hands dirty. Fortunately solvent washes off.
Rae Overholt: well, you'll certainly scare a man off if you hit him there Brina.
Kevin Cliffe: Nice grouping...you could probably adjust your sight on that...
Kevin Cliffe: Not bad...you might just make it out here after all.
Xiao Li leans against the wall and watches, impassively
Kevin Cliffe: Want to try something bigger?
Rae Overholt wanders over to Xiao li. "Good idea not listening. You need to learn to shoot too."
Xiao Li shakes her head. "You don't want me in combat, Cap'n. Trust me."
Montanio Andalso looks down at the gun then over to Fionn. "So...where is a good place to keep it?"
Rae Overholt: Why's that? I want you to be able to defend yourself if you have to. Can you do that?
Kevin Cliffe: We'll get you a holster. Otherwise, in your bunk or in the ship's weapons locker. here. try this. Another one I made myself.
Xiao Li: I can. If they get close, they'll regret it.
Rae Overholt: You sure?
Kevin Cliffe: Heavier, also got a pretty hefty cyclic rate.
Rae Overholt: I'd prefer they didnt get close.
Xiao Li: Me too.
Scott Darling: Excuse me, is there anyone here I could see about hiring a crew?
Rae Overholt blinks at the stranger. "Might be, what do you need?"
Scott Darling: Well, I'm looking for a crew that can do a job for me.. I need someone to retrieve something of mine..
Rae Overholt: Well then..step into my office Mr...
Scott Darling: McCoy.. my name's McCoy
Kevin Cliffe: Sweet, huh?
Scott Darling: Maybe somewhere a little less.. noisy?
Rae Overholt: Alright then Mr. McCoy. What might you be wanting us to retrieve. This way. We'll go upstairs.
Montanio Andalso hmmmms. "Little harder to control, but I suppose that's not the point, huh?"
Kevin Cliffe: Actually control is the point. You need to fire in bursts. Aim, squeeze. Aim, squeeze. The control's just different from the pistol.
Rae Overholt: Well?
Kevin Cliffe: This...is just made for hosing bullets. It evens the odds in a firefight really fast.
Rae Overholt looks to McCoy.
Kevin Cliffe: Problem is it eats ammo gorram fast.
Scott Darling: I have need of a crew with many talents.. I need to retrieve something of mine that's very precious to me, and it may take all the skills, talents and the like you may have.
Kevin Cliffe: Though if you face a reaver boarding party...
Xiao Li runs her hand over the wall, lost in thought...
Xiao Li: *muttering* Gotta be here someplace...
Kevin Cliffe: Here. Try a few hundred rounds.
Kevin Cliffe: Hypervelocity tungsten slivers on independently cooled superconducting induction barrels.
Montanio Andalso blinks at the new weapon he has. "Oh...boy...welll you do have big guns hmmm? Compensating?" He winks and then gives it a try.
Kevin Cliffe: Hold the grip down a bit, it kicks!
Kevin Cliffe: Nah, I build them.
Rae Overholt: What skills are you hoping to find here Mr. McCoy? What exactly do you want us to retrieve? Is it vegetable or mineral
Gabriel Keats sits in a chair downstairs, looking exceedingly cranky
Xiao Li paces back and forth in front of a stretch of blank wall...
Gabriel Keats: What're you up to?
Gabriel Keats just sounds tired
Kevin Cliffe: Remember what I said? That stuff about me in the core could get people shot?
Xiao Li: Tryin' to figure out how to open this gorram thing.
Scott Darling: My daughter has been taken. She's been taken to serve in a brothel on Santo.. by a crime lord known as Lo Pan.. I want you to get her back for me.
Lexi Vargas: is gone....he and the doc have not come back.
Rae Overholt: Do you have proof of this?
Xiao Li: This is where Jadi took Blaze. When I came down here the wall was open, but I dunno how she got it that way.
Montanio Andalso goes back to the desert eagle. "I like this one the best."
Gabriel Keats tries to look at the wall, thankful for the distraction from the shooting
Gabriel Keats: "This is just gorram ridiculous. . ."
Kevin Cliffe: This...is a prototype. Didn't have much use to try to fix the bugs.
Xiao Li: Maybe in the plant...?
Scott Darling: You can check the cortex. The details may have been changed to state that my daughter has disappeared and thought as a runaway.. but I know better. I have a photo of her. The daughter of an alliance senator does not just "run away."
Scott Darling: However, I cannot get support through the usual means. The Alliance refuses to go to Santo, refuses to acknowledge Lo Pan or his ilk.
Rae Overholt: I think maybe we can help you. Give me time to discuss with my crew, make sure we have the resources we need.
Gabriel Keats: "If I could get close to Jadi, I betcha I could figure it out."
Xiao Li: You sure you wanna do that?
Kevin Cliffe: whoops.
Scott Darling: Very good. I'll pay any price to get her back. And I may be able to help supply you with any resources you may need as well. Although, from the sound of it, you may not need my assistance for that.
Gabriel Keats: "Why wouldn't I? Ain't like I've got anything else useful to offer."
Kevin Cliffe: Let's see...what else...ah.
Kevin Cliffe: Shotguns fire differently.
Kevin Cliffe: Power breaks down with range, and it's more of "point" than "aim."
Xiao Li shudders. "You couldn't pay me enough to get in her head."
Rae Overholt: We'll see about that Mr. McCoy.
Montanio Andalso tests the heft of the gun for a moment and then nods, imitating how Fionn shows him to hold it. "Ok...let me see about this one."
Scott Darling: Here's an address that I can be contacted at. If your crew decides to accept, I can forward you the coordinates on Santo where she's being held.. it's a fairly large compound.
Xiao Li kicks the wall in frustration. This fails to accomplish anything but make her toes hurt.
Kevin Cliffe: Not bad...
Rae Overholt: Okay. Thank you. *takes the address from him*
Rae Overholt: I'll go speak to my crew now.
Gabriel Keats: "Ain't a matter of being paid. It's a matter of doing what's right so that maybe I do somethin'other than get someone hurt."
Scott Darling: Very good.. and you never saw me here.
Gabriel Keats contemplates shooting the wall.
Kevin Cliffe thumps Montanio good naturedly on the shoulder..."damn, you're not just a pretty face after all. You've got talent!"
Rae Overholt: I can handle that.
Scott Darling shakes Rae's hand
Rae Overholt returns his shake firmly.
Scott Darling bows and walks out of the bar..
Xiao Li pulls her goggles down over her eyes and turns them on
Montanio Andalso seems to like the shotgun also. "Wow you almost don't have to aim..."
Rae Overholt goes up to Xiao Li. "xiao, need a cortex search on a senator McCoy and his daughter, and a Lo Pan."
Kevin Cliffe: Well you do, remember, those things spread.
Xiao Li: "Will do, Cap'n," says Xiao Li without looking away from the wall
Rae Overholt: Fast like Xiao Li.
Xiao Li huffs a sigh. "Fine."
Kevin Cliffe: Damn...
Rae Overholt: Gabe...we got a job.
Kevin Cliffe: Easy there...
Rae Overholt turns to see brina, "Brina, we got a job."
Montanio Andalso turns to Fionn. "Sorry...just...I needed to get some things out of my system. I don't suppose I could convince you to give me a hug. I need one."
Gabriel Keats turns around--he'd been contemplating the wall.
Kevin Cliffe: Um...that I dunno about, but hey, you have some real skills.
Gabriel Keats: "Huh? Oh. It pay well?" He grins.
Rae Overholt: Reckon it should.
Rae Overholt: Dangerous though.
Montanio Andalso sighs a little and then nods. "It was worth a try. Ok."
Kevin Cliffe: And just remember,
Kevin Cliffe: verbal barbs are kinda part of the job.
Rae Overholt: Senators daughter, kidnapped and sent to a brothel on Santo. Wants us to get her out.
Rae Overholt: Large compound he said. Fugitive name of Lo Pan. Says he's a right nasty fellow and the alliance wont help him out. Refuses to acknowledge the existance of the guy.
Gabriel Keats grins even more widely. "Dangerous?"
Rae Overholt: I'm okay with putting a dent in a slaver.
Xiao Li 's eyes go wide behind her goggles.
Rae Overholt: You guys ok with it?
Xiao Li: HELL yes.
Kevin Cliffe: hey cap, we got a job?
Gabriel Keats: "Excitement?"
Rae Overholt looks at xiao li unexpectedly. "Huh?"
Gabriel Keats: "Finally!"
Rae Overholt: Seem so. YOu'll like it Kevin.
Xiao Li looks back at Rae. "What?"
Rae Overholt: Might call for undercover work though.
Rae Overholt: Why are you so excited Xiao li?
Kevin Cliffe: Okay, lay it out...
Rae Overholt: Brina, you still got those silks?
Xiao Li tries to look nonchalant. "We got payin' work, and it ain't for Jadi. I need another reason?"
Kevin Cliffe: What are we doing?
Sabrina McGee: *starts and blushes*
Sabrina McGee: Umm.. yes? ::embarassed::
Rae Overholt: Well, we might get to wear them again.
Kevin Cliffe: Rae? What's the op?
Rae Overholt: Rescuing a senators daughter from a brothel on Santo.
Xiao Li types furiously, her fingers flying over the virtual keyboard
Kevin Cliffe: Senator. Like...Parliament?
Rae Overholt: Yeah.
Kevin Cliffe: Like...ALLIANCE Parliament?!
Kevin Cliffe: Gorram it...
Gabriel Keats: "What?"
Xiao Li: You know of another Parliament?
Gabriel Keats: "You got a problem with the Alliance?" He says this in a tone of mock disbelief.
Kevin Cliffe facepalms...then sighs..."Captain, you know what kind of stuff I did for the Alliance and what it could mean to the crew, right?"
Kevin Cliffe: If you're still willing to take the risk, though...I'm all on board.
Rae Overholt: Yes. But you know. Does that mean some innocent girl gets sent to a brothel to slave away when we could be paid to save her?
Kevin Cliffe: I said I'm all on board.
Rae Overholt: Ok.
Kevin Cliffe: Got a plan?
Rae Overholt: So..game plan.. sneak in..undercover...
Rae Overholt: find her...you get my ship..and then come and rescue us.
Gabriel Keats: Sneaking?
Lexi Vargas: is still not there
Kevin Cliffe: I can run Raven dark.
Gabriel Keats: "Want me to go get everyone else?"
Rae Overholt: Might be good.
Rae Overholt: If you can find them.
Kevin Cliffe: Matter oWho's on the undercover?
Gabriel Keats walks outside to the ship
Kevin Cliffe: Who's sneaking in?
Rae Overholt: Figure brina and I would.
Rae Overholt: we got the outfits...
Rae Overholt: course..someone's gotta sell us to them.
Rae Overholt: Mont would probably enjoy that.
Kevin Cliffe: I'd say he'd be able to handle himself.
Kevin Cliffe: I've seen him on the range. Damn, he's got talent. I've new respect for him, he might just survive out here after all.
Sabrina McGee: Well, I think he knows how those types of places work, too..
Kevin Cliffe: I think he might also be able to help us out by keeping some kind of watch on the place.
Sabrina McGee: Mont was telling me some of what he can do.. and he can definitely talk our way in to anything..
Rae Overholt: thats what I figure.
Kevin Cliffe: If he can hang around and use a phone or something he can keep an eye on the situation.
Sabrina McGee: and I bet Gabe could get in there to recon and get us some info
Rae Overholt: I'm betting he could.
Xiao Li: What can I do?
Gabriel Keats walks in, distracted. "I could what now?"
Rae Overholt: Search out layouts of hte place..security...find a payroll
Rae Overholt: get us headcounts..
Kevin Cliffe: Terrain maps.
Rae Overholt: find out the ships flying in and out..and their payroll and headcounts
Kevin Cliffe: We'll want a place to park Raven and keep the thermoptics up if possible.
Xiao Li: Can do, Cap'n.
Kevin Cliffe: Unless we're expecting alliance trouble?
Gabriel Keats: I'll do whatever I can, I guess.
Kevin Cliffe: Ooh...if we can get the innocents out, can we use the guns to raze the joint?
Rae Overholt: We'll never get all those innocents out.
Rio Starr pads in. "Innocents? What kind of job is this?"
Kevin Cliffe: Rescue.
Montanio Andalso follows along also to see what's going on.
Gabriel Keats: "Some senator's daughter got kidnapped."
Gabriel Keats: "They're gonna pay us to get her back
Rio Starr lifts his brows, then blinks several times at Gabe. "...some...senator's? Which one?" he asks, trying to not seem like he's suddenly rather tense. He /mostly/ succeeds.
Xiao Li glances sidelong at Rio through her goggles.
Gabriel Keats shrugs. "Dunno. I wasn't there."
Rae Overholt: Senator McCoy
Rio Starr moves his gaze from person to person, his eyes dark. Then he stares at Rae.
Rae Overholt looks at Rio.
Rae Overholt: Private word rio?
Rio Starr: "...McCoy?"
Lexi Vargas: This has a little scent of a trap to it
Kevin Cliffe: Anything that involves alliance has that scent to me.
Rae Overholt: yes
Rio Starr sucks in a deep breath then releases it. "Ah. Yes... private word. Now. Please."
Montanio Andalso tilts his head. "Oh I don't know...if it were a trap...they know where we are right now so....it doesn't make sense for us to go to a lot of trouble to fall into a trap."
Gabriel Keats gives the doc a quick glance, then turns back to the conversatin. "Yeah, pretty much."
Kevin Cliffe: If this is a trap, remember we have a few tricks up our sleeve as well.
Xiao Li pulls off her goggles. "Well, the story checks out, I can tell ya that much."
Rae Overholt: Ok rio
Rio Starr: "Who's got his daughter??"
Gabriel Keats: "Personally, I don't really ruttin' care if it is a trap."
Sabrina McGee: Mont, isn't that the kind of thing you could talk us into the place?
Gabriel Keats grins. "I'd be more liable to trap them anyway. Way I work."
Kevin Cliffe wonders just what 6000 rounds per minute of hypervelocity plasma would do to a brothel...
Rae Overholt: Lo Pan rio.
Montanio Andalso eyes Gabe a moment, then he looks to Sabrina. "What sort of place is it?"
Rae Overholt: a brothel..
Rae Overholt: of some sort
Kevin Cliffe: Wait...Lo Pan...
Rae Overholt: Xiao Li should be able to find it.
Lexi Vargas: grins a bit at Gabe. "I care a bit." The he brightens...."A brothal.....this might be fun trap at least."
Kevin Cliffe: Doesn't he have a connection to the Dragons?
Rio Starr nods and turns quickly away, heading for a separate corner and trying to keep his usually calm demeanor.
Xiao Li: Cap'n? If you got a minute, I'd like to speak with you. Somewhere private.
Rae Overholt: In a sec Xiao li..just one second
Montanio Andalso blinks a few times. "Reaaaally?" Suddenly he looks very perky about this. "Its not like you need a special appointment to get into a brothel, you know, but if you are looking for someone to do the hard job of having sex in one...I think I might be able to help you." He beams.
Kevin Cliffe: Well we need you to sell two of our crew into it.
Kevin Cliffe: And maybe act as a client.
Lexi Vargas: laughs...."Yeah. We will let you have some I&I there Face"
Xiao Li wheels around and gives Mont a death glare
Gabriel Keats perches on the edge of the planter, swinging his legs and looking very pleased, mind running a mile a minute
Xiao Li: You want to pay to rut with SLAVE GIRLS?!
Montanio Andalso ohhhhs. "Sure...I could do that. Two ladies who don't suit my tastes anymore. Who wants to be my used up pretties?"
Sabrina McGee: Well.. ::to Mont:: Wouldn't you also know how we'd need to act to pull off the part? Train us, so to speak?
Kevin Cliffe: what I want him to do is to be your comm connection to the outside.
Sabrina McGee puts her hands on her hips and sticks her tongue out at Mont
Kevin Cliffe: I mean, would it seem suspicious for a well-to-do client to have a phone or something?
Xiao Li shakes her head in disgust. She seems unusually rattled...
Gabriel Keats puts a hand on his head, distracted.
Rio Starr keeps talking softly with the captain, seeming a little worried. Something hte captain says seems to ease some of the worry, but he's still not thoroughly relaxed.
Kevin Cliffe: Xiao, whoever goes in there as the "slave girls" will have to be able to handle themselves unarmed and yet play the part long enough to get to inside.
Rae Overholt calls back "THOUGHT THAT WAS DECIDED ALREADY"
Rio Starr blushes brightly at Rae, and rubs the back of his neck as he mutters a few words.
Xiao Li: ...yeah.
Rae Overholt blinks at rio.
Kevin Cliffe: And I'd like to raze that place to the ground if we have the chance. But the first thing is we need to get the slaves out, right? One in particular.
Rio Starr staaaaaares at Rae at something she says, and his eyes go wide. He glances to Xiao Li, then back at the captain.
Montanio Andalso chuckles. "One, yes. It seems to me though that the easiest way would be to send in several groups. Me with some girls to get them on the inside, but then a few guys to 'hire' some slaves to get them on the inside also. In the privacy of a room you can ask questions."
Rio Starr suddenly laughs and grins at Rae, though he's still blushing.
Xiao Li rubs the inside of her right arm, staring down at the floor....
Kevin Cliffe: What kind of crowd would be hiring?
Kevin Cliffe: High society or the general salt of the earth? What kind of brothel is this?
Sabrina McGee: Umm.. I guess I should work on making sure Raven's in tip-top, right?
Rio Starr nods to the captain, then looks over to Xiao Li again. He relaxes. "Thank you, Cap'n..." he says.
Rae Overholt: Xiao?
Xiao Li: Yeah, Cap'n. Can we go somewhere private an' talk?
Xiao Li looks nervous, and won't stop rubbing her arm
Rae Overholt: Sure Xiao li.
Kevin Cliffe: Captain, I'll get to work trying to plot out the terrain...get us some options. Anything we can work with, and any evasions we might have if this is a trap.
Kevin Cliffe: Say Gabriel...you think you might be willing to go undercover?
Rio Starr pads over to join the group, rubbing his hand over the back of his neck again. He gives everyone a small, somewhat discomfited smile.
[20:38] Sabrina McGee: Kevin, why don't you take Xiao Li with you when we get there, set up surveillance?.
Gabriel Keats: Huh-wha?
Gabriel Keats looks up.
Gabriel Keats: Sure.
Montanio Andalso smiles. "Does this mean I get to dress the girls up?"
Kevin Cliffe: Apparently so.
Rio Starr winces slightly, then shakes his head. "Oh...that...should be interesting."
Gabriel Keats looks at Kevin. "Why you want me undercover?"
Kevin Cliffe: We'll need someone to play a client, right?
Gabriel Keats: "Oh. . .I can do that." He grins.
Lexi Vargas: grins as he listens
Rio Starr smiles a little bit. "And...I think i'll just stay on the ship."
Gabriel Keats: "Alone?"
Rio Starr nods to Lexi. "I will be. But...everyone...I'm avoiding any contact with this client or his daughter. Just to let you know why I might suddenly run for cover."
Rio Starr looks to Gabe. "And yes, if I have to be. I'm hoping I'll get some training on a gun just in case, though."
Gabriel Keats: "You better."
Rio Starr grins a little wryly.
Montanio Andalso looks to Rio. "Kevin was really good about showing me earlier."
Lexi Vargas: I can help you out too.
Rae Overholt: Well, what have we got worked out?
Gabriel Keats: "Many hands make light work."
Rio Starr nods. "I was counting on that, Lexi. Just...mm. Don't give me grenades."
Rae Overholt: Gabe is a client, Mont is a seller...
Rae Overholt: Brina and I are merchandise.
Rio Starr: "And I'll have bandages ready."
Gabriel Keats: "You know, we could just buy her."
Sabrina McGee: hey.. get it right.. -expensive- merchandise. :P
Rae Overholt: Very expensive.
Xiao Li: An' I'm goin' back to th' ship to do a little digging on our friend Lo Pan.
Rio Starr frowns. "No. We won't buy her. Nobody should be bought." His eyes flash fiecely.
Rio Starr: fiercely too
Montanio Andalso wets his lips. "About how much time do you think we'll have there?"
Sabrina McGee: Xiao Li: do you think you can set up surveillance cameras or something once we're there?
Gabriel Keats: "Just had to say it. Gives me 'I told you so' rights later."
Xiao Li: Set 'em up or hack into what they've already got. Not a problem.
Rae Overholt: Not enough time to get comfortable hopefully.
Rio Starr frowns at Gabe, then sighs.
Gabriel Keats: "What? Just saying, I ain't ever been part of a plan that's gone smooth. Figured this time I'd at least get to say it." He grins. "Not like I wanna buy her."
Montanio Andalso: Ok, just another question...but what are we going to /do/ with all these slaves we rescue?"
Rae Overholt: Let them go home.
Gabriel Keats: "We'd have to make sure they could get back all right."
Gabriel Keats: "Ain't like you can make it from here to Sihnon with a smile and a sari."
Rae Overholt: Yeah. Of course.
Rio Starr rubs his hand over the back of his neck again. "Some of them might not want to go home."
Rae Overholt: They we take them and drop them where they can get work?
Montanio Andalso tilts his head. "Yeah, but they could be from other planets. It could cost us money to take care of them all. We do have to have a plan of where to take them."
Xiao Li: *softly* Some of them might not have homes to go back to.
Rio Starr nods. "Well... if there's a place on this moon or a nearby one that's looking for helpers...maybe they can stay there for a bit until something better comes along."
Rio Starr: "At least they'll be /free/."
Gabriel Keats: "Free is good."
Xiao Li: Free is *very* good.
Lexi Vargas: You could leave them there and just take out the bosses
Sabrina McGee: What about the Senator? Maybe he could help them?
Rae Overholt: Senator says the alliance won’t go in. Says they dont reccognize the problem exists.
Rio Starr shakes his head. "Those people are like the hydra of myth. You cut off one head...seven more grow in its place."
Rio Starr blinkblinks at Rae. "He did?"
Gabriel Keats: "Yeah. Because he's really gonna care once his daughter's safe."
Rae Overholt goes to stand by Gabe.
Rae Overholt: yeah He did.
Sabrina McGee: Yeah, but what if we bring it to the Alliance's attention?
Sabrina McGee smiles mischeviously
Gabriel Keats: "Then they ignore it even harder."
Sabrina McGee: Not if Senator what's-his-name wants to keep himself unsullied..
Montanio Andalso suggests, "Maybe he was a naughty senator and they did it on purpose."
Rae Overholt: Never know.
Gabriel Keats chokes. "Blackmail. Why, Sabrina!"
Sabrina McGee: he'd have to take up the cause, then.. make it look like it was all his idea.. that's the way those politicians think..
Rio Starr frowns very slightly, his brows knitting as he considers the problem. "If we make that one of the conditions... and you never know. She might decide that Daddy better start standing up against the people who hurt her."
Rio Starr: "...she was always good at that."
Montanio Andalso studies Rio a moment. "So you know this girl."
Lexi Vargas: glances at Rio too. "Oh...now it makes sence"
Rio Starr clears his throat and nods. "Mm. Yes. I...ah. Do."
Gabriel Keats watches, face blank
Rio Starr: "Which is why I don't want her or her father to see me."
Lexi Vargas: 9night
Rio Starr looks around to everyone, his brows lifting. "If I have to, I could talk to her, but i don't know how she'll react when she sees me..." he says a little sheepishly.
Rae Overholt: I say we hold off on that unless absolutely necessary.
Rio Starr smiles to Rae. "Mmm. Yeah. I /like/ my skin."
Rae Overholt: I do to.
Lexi Vargas: And I am paid to protest it so I vote no too.
Rio Starr laughs. "For that, you get a raise."
Gabriel Keats just grins, watching.
Montanio Andalso goes to curl up in the hotel around here, letting Gabe have his bunk back.

((Sabrina Rocks, 'cause she logged!))

No comments: