Tuesday, October 9, 2007

"Thank you Cap'n, You're the best Cap'n there is!!!"

Shen Jiutai notices a stranger enter the room, "Uh, hello..." She says tentatively.

Roland Josephus grunts a reply, and without another look at the woman, moves toward the counter, with his cup in hand.

Shen Jiutai frowns, "you must be the new wrench..."

Roland Josephus: I hope so.. Other than coffee, I can't cook for shit.…

Rae Overholt walks in and smacks Gabe on the butt.

Gabriel Keats grins, reaches behind him as he's smacked and takes her wrist

Rae Overholt grins at him, eyes mischievous.

Shen Jiutai sniffs at the pot and decides it might be worth it to try some of this stranger's coffee. She pours herself a cup, "Cap'n, what is that cat doing in the galley?"

Roland Josephus lets out a long breath, lifts his cup to drink.

Rae Overholt: Reckon it was smelling your delicious vittles.

Shen Jiutai sniffs at the coffee, "I ain't been around... and who is this mysterious coffee guy?" She decides it must be safe and takes a sip, her eyes closed, fearing the worst, "Hmm, not bad... Hi I'm Shen..."

Gabriel Keats: "Morning, Rae." He turns around and gives her a quick, sudden, hopefully surprising kiss.

Roland Josephus grunts his reply again, and lifts his cup to drink.

Rae Overholt blinks and returns his kiss, smiling brightly when he finishes. "That was a nice hello."

Gabriel Keats: "You surprise me, I surprise you."

Shen Jiutai rolls her eyes at the exchange...

Rae Overholt: I'll remember to surprise you more often.

Shen Jiutai takes another sip of her coffee, "Does this here coffee guy got a name?'

Roland Josephus looks up, and nods once, 'Ayup."

Rae Overholt: It'd be Roland.

Shen Jiutai sips her coffee, "Well at the very least you can brew a pot, even if you don't say much.… Roland, Hmm"

Gabriel Keats nods a hello at Roland.

Rae Overholt smirks at Roland. "Might help if you introduce yourself to folks what haven't met you yet."

Roland Josephus nods over to Gabriel, before looking over to Merasu, "We down for a spell Captain? Like to shut a couple of systems down and take a look see." He pauses, and shrugs, "They want to know bad enough.. They'll ask usually."

Rae Overholt laughs. "Guess so. yeah, we'll sit a spell if you need to check her out."''

Shen Jiutai fusses around the Galley, straightening the mess that a month of others cooking in her space has produced. "It's OK, Cap'n, I get it, the silent type, I kinda prefer that to some..."

Gabriel Keats: "Can ya keep a ship runnin'? Without an overabundance of drama?"


Roland Josephus looks back to Gabriel, "She'll fly true.. Keep folks out of the engine room, and let me work.. She'll be flyin’ long after we're gone."

Gabriel Keats: "Right. That's all I needed to know."

Rae Overholt shrugs one shoulder and leans on Gabe. "I'm good with that."

Shen Jiutai does a quick inventory of the food stores, "You guys must've been out there some time, practically everything is gone... I afraid I'm gonna need some creds for some food, Cap'n."

Rae Overholt: We should hae plenty of creds, that Heir fellow paid us right well to let his daughter-in-law run off with Anton.

Shen Jiutai looks up, "What? Damn! the fun I miss!"

Rae Overholt: Reckon its your come uppance for bein stupid Shen.

Shen Jiutai: “Er, who is Anton?”

Rae Overholt gives her a look. "Anton, is the fellow what works for Xeno, the boss you had us make those botched runs for."

Gabriel Keats shifts, looking at the wall.

Shen Jiutai pouts, "Ya don't have to be all insultin'... was that called for? Botched runs?"

Rae Overholt: Girl, if you didn’t cook so good, I'd give you a beat down to teach you a lesson. Yeah. Happened right as, well, never-mind. He's gone now too anyway. Anton that is. Heard he might be getting married.

Gabriel Keats: "Married? That hwun dan?"

Shen Jiutai sighs and looks down, "I reckon I owe you an apology too Cap'n..."

Rae Overholt: mmHmm. Apologize by stocking my galley.

Roland Josephus stays quiet, looking to each as they speak.
Shen Jiutai: “That ain't hardly anything... I guess I wasn't thinking about anyone but myself, and if you knew what the last month on Blackburne was like...” She trails off. “Well I guess I need to make it right by you...”

Rae Overholt shrugs it off, "Reckon you'll do what you want to do Shen. I just want to be able to eat when I'm hungry and keep my crew fed."

Shen Jiutai: I'll get us all good and provisioned, any special requests?

Rae Overholt: Chocolate? Hot chocolate?

Shen Jiutai grins at the Cap'n, "If it will make you feel better, I'll stock up that good an' proper! I even have a few special recipes for that..." She pulls out a piece of paper and starts scribbling a list, muttering to herself in Chinese.

Rae Overholt: I think I'd like that.

Gabriel Keats: "We're out of whiskey."

Shen Jiutai looks to the Cap'n after that last comment, "I thought.... Cap? Is he drinking again?"

Gabriel Keats: "I ain't the one who drank it. It was that little bantamweight child bride."

Roland Josephus clears his throat, and looks between Gabriel, and Shen, before glancing back at Merasu, "Hate to bring up credits.... There’s some parts we'd be better off to have on hand.."

Rae Overholt: Well, give me a list and tell me why we need them and I might can find the creds for it.

Roland Josephus nods once, "Fair enough."

Rae Overholt: I'm not an unreasonable woman.

Roland Josephus: "Never thought otherwise Cap'n.. Nothin’ fancy... Jest some parts to keep up safe out in the black.

Rae Overholt nods, "Shouldn’t be a problem then." She settles into the common room, “So folks. Our next gameplan. I heard there was a contact for us to meet for work. Didn't run into her yet, we'll keep looking though. So I figure we get things worked out on the ship, restocked, let folks in town know we're OK.

Shen Jiutai nods, "Work is good, although I guess we've done well in my absence."

Rae Overholt: Scraped by.

Voices are heard as a small group of townsfolk enter the boat and make their way to the upper decks.

Cimorene Ronmark: Just curious... Where's the kitty?… Appears to be. I'm looking for the crew...

Shen Jiutai: Well, I think I have what I need, I reckon I'll head on in to Washburne an' get those groceries...

Cimorene Ronmark shouts: Permission to come aboard?

Tillery Woodhen: ever been on a firefly, Hannah?

Shen Jiutai: I think we have guests..

Cimorene Ronmark: Greetings and salutations...

Hannah Tobias: Um hi.

Cimorene Ronmark: Where is the cat!

Tillery Woodhen: hey folks

Rae Overholt: Wei Till.

Cimorene Ronmark: OHHHH! There you are.

Tillery Woodhen: So what's new in the 'verse?

Shen Jiutai looks at the people that appear to have wandered into the ship, wishing she had her side arm with her.

Tillery Woodhen: Last we heard in town, you had an interesting cargo.

Rae Overholt: Well, got us some creds on our last job to stock up. Met some colorful folk... Did we though.

Cimorene Ronmark: By "colorful" do you mean "hope to never meet again"?

Shen Jiutai starts to draw a large knife from the rack.

Rae Overholt gives Shen a reassuring nod. “That I do.”

Shen Jiutai returns the knife.

Cimorene Ronmark: Ah, the most entertaining type of "colorful" then.

Tillery Woodhen: We had a bit of fun ourselves recently.

Rae Overholt: “Wanna share?” She turns to Till.

Cimorene Ronmark eyes Shen warily.

Shen Jiutai pretends to fuss in the galley.

Tillery Woodhen: I just wanted to make sure y'all got back okay, after that, uh, one adventure.

Cimorene Ronmark is not reassured by Shen's fussing...

Tillery Woodhen watches Shen out of the corner of his eye.

Roland Josephus stays quiet, and lifts his coffee cup to drink.

Rae Overholt: They fixed up the ship at-least before leaving us. I was right nervous for awhile, I won’t lie.

Hannah Tobias gapes at everything.

Cimorene Ronmark: Fixed it? What the heck did they DO to it?

Shen Jiutai looks to the Captain as these people who have invited themselves aboard ask too many probing questions.

Rae Overholt: Replaced the catalyzer.

Cimorene Ronmark: Oh, the Alliance folk is who you're speaking of?

Roland Josephus adds, "Poorly."

Cimorene Ronmark: As only the Alliance can...

Rae Overholt: Got us to you so you could do her up proud though Roland so I can't complain.

Cimorene Ronmark: “That's why they have you, Roland!” She grins at Roland.

Roland Josephus just grunts and turns his attention back to his coffee cup.

Shen Jiutai raises an eyebrow, "I reckon some here do know this guy …”

Tillery Woodhen: You don't have to lay low right in town, our customs "officer" isn't around. Evidently had to answer some questions back home. So the town is totally safe right now.

Cimorene Ronmark: “Something about our visitor, I believe?” She looks inquiringly at Tillery.

Shen Jiutai looks up, "Visitor?"

Tillery Woodhen: The private. He asked a few too many questions about the G-23.

Cimorene Ronmark: Oh yes, a rather terrifying visitor a couple few days back. We don't recommend them.

Rae Overholt: What's that about then?

Shen Jiutai looks interested... her voice goes soft, "What kind of visitor?"

Cimorene Ronmark: Reaver...
Rae Overholt coughs. “Reaver???!!!”

Shen Jiutai curses and runs to her bunk.

Tillery Woodhen: Only one, and it's dead.

Cimorene Ronmark: Turns out that our Private was of the opinion that they didn't exist.

Rae Overholt: They don’t travel, in "only one"

Cimorene Ronmark: We have no idea why we got so lucky, that there was only one.

Shen Jiutai rummages around and finds her favorite pistol.

Tillery Woodhen: This one was grown here. There was the Pax gas that they used on Miranda, somehow a tank appeared here.

Shen Jiutai looks under the bunk.

Hannah Tobias: What on where?

Roland Josephus: Reavers here? Don't we have a pressin’ need to be somewheres else right about now?

Shen Jiutai looks in the closet.

Cimorene Ronmark: Fortunately, it appears that our little adventure has resulted in the Private's recall for the moment.

Hannah Tobias: Maybe it'll make a man out of him. If he don't go crazy.

Tillery Woodhen: He asked his bosses what the hell the gas was doing here.

Cimorene Ronmark can only hope that he will come back without re-indoctrination....

Rae Overholt: so, how'd we get ONE reaver??? He try snortin pax in a shed somewhere or something???

Shen Jiutai returns to the galley and walks up to the Captain, "Um, Cap'n, where is my.." she lowers her voice, "Where's my sword?"

Rae Overholt: You ain't gettin a sword anytime soon Shen.

Tillery Woodhen: the tank leaked, in one of the crates near the Hoban

Shen Jiutai: "Cap'n this ain't no joke!"

Cimorene Ronmark: Lucky we weren't all affected.

Tillery Woodhen: just got the bandage off my arm from where it gnawed on me.

Shen Jiutai: "Cap'n, I need my sword.…”

Rae Overholt: SHEN, what you going to do with it?

Tillery Woodhen: The Reaver and the gas are gone now.

Cimorene Ronmark does not want to be nearby when Shen gets a sword.

Roland Josephus nods, "I agree with Nosy Cook there.. This ain't a passel of shepherds we're talking about here..."

Cimorene Ronmark fears her Wok of Doom will be no match against a sword.

Shen Jiutai looks down at her feet, "It... well I... I just feel safer with it..."

Tillery Woodhen: And we've been livin' with the possibility. you don't see us flippin'.

Rae Overholt: “I don’t feel safer with you having it right now Shen.” She sighs and facepalms.

Cimorene Ronmark shoots a relieved grin at Rae.

Shen Jiutai stops, a tear begins to form in her eyes, "Cap'n... please."

Rae Overholt reaches out and wraps an arm around Shen's neck and draws her into an awkward hug. "Don't worry, I got your back."

Cimorene Ronmark looks incredulously at Shen with tears welling in her eyes.

Tillery Woodhen shuffles in the awkward silence.

Shen Jiutai sighs, "I promise not to do anything stupid..." She stands stiffly during the hug...

Cimorene Ronmark: So, in other news. Cap'n, are you still interested in that discussion we had earlier?

Rae Overholt: Yeah, I think I am.

Tillery Woodhen raises an eyebrow, still curious about the conversation Cim wants to have. “When you get a chance, Rae, stop by my office. Have a few tidbits and possible contacts you may be interested in.”

Cimorene Ronmark: How long will you be in port?

Rae Overholt looks to the News-Man then back to Cim. "We need someplace private to talk?Thanks Till, will do. Possibly tonight."

Cimorene Ronmark: It can wait.

Tillery Woodhen: So can I.

Cimorene Ronmark waits to find out who can out-wait the other...

Tillery Woodhen gives a slightly irritated air. “Do one expose... I'll see you in town. Hannah, want a ride back?”

Hannah Tobias: I actually want to look around the ship, if that's okay with the folk here.

Cimorene Ronmark looks sadly that Till didn't offer HER a ride.

Hannah Tobias: I've only been on the one that took me here before.

Tillery Woodhen: That's up to them. See you folks, later.

Rae Overholt: Ok Till.

Tillery Woodhen: I thought you wanted to talk.

Shen Jiutai looks very uncomfortable.

Cimorene Ronmark: “A girl can want EVERYTHING, can't she?” She batts her eyes at Tillery.

Tillery Woodhen sighs.

Hannah Tobias rolls her eyes.

Rae Overholt stands there, the one waiting this time.

Cimorene Ronmark: So, ma'am, care to walk and then talk?

Tillery Woodhen: “Later.” He heads out, muttering about paranoid spacers.

Cimorene Ronmark sighs, as it is not her secret to tell!

Hannah Tobias: “Can I see more of the ship?” She looks hopeful.

Rae Overholt: Sure thing. Lets go up to the bridge Cim.

Hannah Tobias hears a kitty.

Cimorene Ronmark: I'm following...

Shen Jiutai 's eyes follow Hanna like they are glued to her.

Hannah Tobias: ...what?

Roland Josephus shrugs.

Hannah Tobias: I don't bite or nothin’. Hello kitty!

Shen Jiutai decides that Hanna can be left to pet the cat, and follows the captain.

Cimorene Ronmark: Can I speak freely, captain?

Shen Jiutai: Cap'n.

Rae Overholt: yes you may

Cimorene Ronmark: Very well. Comes fully loaded with the launch key.

Rae Overholt: Officers with launch keys eh?

Cimorene Ronmark: Available in pieces or as a whole, as I hear her tell it.

Rae Overholt: And who might we be delivering to?

Cimorene Ronmark: Funny what you can find lying around when people are otherwise occupied. Well, actually, she's looking for a ... shall we say, liquidators. Though it occurred to me that you might know someone who might have need of the whole. Alter the marking, change the nav-sat and beacon, and you might have yourself a handy disguise. I use "you" loosely here. So if there's interest, or if you think you might know someone who'd be interested, I'll set up a meeting for you.

Rae Overholt nods, thinking. “Ideas Shen?”

Shen Jiutai: Kinda missed the first part, are we snagging a ship?

Cimorene Ronmark: Of course, my apologies. My contact ... shall we say, obtained an alliance shuttle, fully loaded. My contact is looking to move it to a good home.

Shen Jiutai nods approvingly.

Cimorene Ronmark: Either whole or in pieces, as is the buyers' preference. The captain indicated that you might have use for it. Or know someone who might.

Rae Overholt: I reckon we can find someone. Think Shen?

Shen Jiutai considers, "Well, Cap'n Mikki was the last one I saw around here that wasn't afraid to fly Alliance hardware..."

Hannah Tobias enters the bridge “Um, hi.”

Cimorene Ronmark: Hi Hannah.

Rae Overholt: ‘Scuse us hannah. Talking a bit here. We'll let you tour the bridge a little later.

Hannah Tobias: Mr. Josephus said it was fine for me to come in long as I didn't press no buttons.

Cimorene Ronmark: Could we catch up in a bit, Hannah?

Hannah Tobias: Okay, I'll be quiet.

Shen Jiutai eyes the intruder...

Hannah Tobias: ...what?

Cimorene Ronmark: No, I mean we're having a bit of a business meeting. Could you excuse us for a few?

Hannah Tobias: Oh, want me to vacate then? Sure.

Cimorene Ronmark: Thanks, Hannah!

Rae Overholt: Well, I imagine we should get in touch with Mikki then. Tell her what we got.

Cimorene Ronmark: Do you know how long you're to be in-world? I'll let my contact know. Could be the best thing would be for my contact to just come visit the ship, friendly-like.

Rae Overholt: I'll allow it.

Cimorene Ronmark: “Thank you, captain. I'll make the arrangements. So you're in-world until further notice? Any worries about our spaceport friends while you're in-world?” She eyes Shen speculatively, wondering if the Private has any outstanding warrants in her name...

Shen Jiutai looks at Cimorene, "You ain't referin' to Reavers?"

Cimorene Ronmark: No, not so much. I refer to those as are in charge of "customs." I mean to say.

Rae Overholt: Not while he's gone. So lets get it done before he gets back shall we? Or, find him a nice pretty lady to distract him.

Shen Jiutai giggles, "Those Hu-dons? like they could catch us... er... sorry Cap'n."

Cimorene Ronmark: I shall make every effort to help you get out the door in a timely manner. And with that, I shall begin to endeavour now! Unless you have anything else, Captain? I'll take my leave.

Rae Overholt: That should do it, I appreciate it Cim.

Cimorene Ronmark: My pleasure as always. Shall I send Hannah along to continue her tour, should I run into her?

Rae Overholt: Sure thing.

Cimorene Ronmark: Assuming that Shen won't impale her with sharp objects or projectiles.

Rae Overholt: She's safe for now.

Cimorene Ronmark grins

Shen Jiutai grumbles as the stranger leaves. She looks to Rae, "What do you make of her?"

Rae Overholt: She seems good folk. She tried to save our hides when the catalyzer broke, had one ready to deliver right as the alliance showed on our doorstep.

Hannah Tobias: Hi.

Shen Jiutai nods.

Hannah Tobias: You ain't talking about stuff not fit for the ears of me anymore?

Shen Jiutai eyes Hannah suspiciously.

Rae Overholt: Hi Hannah.

Hannah Tobias: Hello.

Rae Overholt: This is the bridge, where half the hoodoo voodoo happens. The other half is at the butt end.

Hannah Tobias: The other half's in the engine room? Wow. This must be neat when you're actually in space and can see stars and planets and stuff... There. I am clever that way. So I hope if you're staying here a spell, you'll come to the restaurant. I'll make some bao and spring rolls. Assuming that's what you want, y'know, you can order anything on the menu.

Rae Overholt giggles at hannah.

Hannah Tobias: Unless it's got chicken. We're fresh out.

Rae Overholt: I would love to visit it. Be nice if Gabe would take me out.

Hannah Tobias: “Anyhow, I think I'm'a disembark and get out of your hair. There's good food waiting at the Joy Luck if you want it.” She waves bye.

Rae Overholt: Soon as I find Gabe we'll be on our way. Thanks Hannah!!

Hannah Tobias: Nice meeting you all! Later!

Rae Overholt: Maybe one day if we do a cargo run for you you can come along.

Hannah Tobias: “Wow, really? Um, I mean, sure, that would be nice.” She smiles sheepishly.

Rae Overholt grins to herself.

Hannah Tobias: Bye Mr. Josephus. I'm heading back to town.

Shen Jiutai watches the exchange, and as Hannah leaves, she looks back to the Captain. "Cap'n, I really would feel safer with my Katana, especially if there are Reavers around..."

Rae Overholt: Just the one Shen.

Hannah Tobias: Bye!

Rae Overholt: You're safe enough.

Shen Jiutai grins, "Thank you Cap'n you won't regret it!"

Rae Overholt sighs and rolls her eyes heavenward. “Shen. You try something stupid again. I'll make sure its a painful mistake.”

Shen Jiutai wonders if Rae thinks she hasn't felt enough pain lately, "The stupid thing I did was try to keep Jenna a secret from Sabrina..."

Rae Overholt: Well, that's true. But, its over. I'm thinking of the future.

Shen Jiutai nods and returns to her galley, wondering when Rae will actually give her her sword back.

Rae Overholt sighs and calls out, "Locker under the stairs in the cargo bay Shen!"

Shen Jiutai grins and scampers down the stairs, "Thank you Cap'n, You're the best Cap'n there is!!!"

Rae Overholt: GORRAM RIGHT I AM!

No comments: