Tuesday, July 10, 2007

A Stranger Finds a Room

Jenna Kasei looks around Vertigo to Ariel. "Excuse me, miss... but you look... uh... clean. No offense to the rest of you. Is this Miss Ana's place a clean establishment? I do want to look my best when I meet Shen."

Ariel Liveoak smiles reassuringly. "It is, miss. Very nicely kept."

Jenna Kasei grins. "Excellent! Lead on!"

Ariel Liveoak: This way...

Jenna Kasei: Oh... I hardly believe this is the same moon I was just standing on.

Ariel Liveoak smiles. "I understand. Yes, a little bit of civilization. I believe there are rooms upstairs...”

Jenna Kasei: So... I take it this is a companions' establishment? I didn't know the Guild operated any places like this so far out.

Ariel Liveoak nods. "Yes, it is. I don't know that it's under direct Guild supervision, however. Ana is... quiet about some details.
Ariel Liveoak shrugs. “But I'm sure you'll be comfortable here while you wait. Do you wish to get settled, or would you like to go back out and see the town?”

Jenna Kasei nods. "But you certainly look like somebody with refined training. I'm a singer, by the way. Opera. I've performed on many worlds for both public and private audiences. Some of my closest associates are Companions."

Ariel Liveoak: Ahh! That's delightful!

Jenna Kasei: Yes, well... we tend to entertain the same crowd of people. More money than sense.

Ariel Liveoak chuckles wryly. “But exquisite taste.”

Jenna Kasei: True. I think I will settle here for a bit, but I do want to go out and look for Shen a bit later. I think I can find my way here again on my own. If you should see her before I do, please don't let her know I have arrived!

Ariel Liveoak: And you've come to visit an old friend, that's wonderful. Were you singing nearby and decided to make the side trip?

Jenna Kasei nods. "Yes, as a matter of fact. On the world this moon orbits. A private show for a wealthy client. I took the job specifically because it would bring me close to Shen."

Ariel Liveoak smiles. "I see. Well, be comfortable, I'll leave you to relax from your journey."

Jenna Kasei: Thank you!
Jenna Kasei stands on the balcony and watches Ariel leave.

No comments: