Sunday, July 8, 2007

The Cook is Revealed (or: Previously in Washtown)

Rae Overholt: Well hello Chen

Shen Jiutai: hello Captn';

Rae Overholt: So Chen. We might need to talk

Shen Jiutai: Yes? Is Chen's food not to the Captn' liking?

Rae Overholt: Oh most definitely. Chen's little fib is not. What is with the fictional family Chen. What are you running from.

Shen Jiutai: What do you mean?

Rae Overholt: Chen.

Shen Jiutai: Yes Captn'?

Rae Overholt: I will not tell the rest of the crew, but I need to know what is going on. I'll leave you here in a heart-beat if I have to.

Shen Jiutai: No, please don't do that I can explain...

Rae Overholt: Then please do. I'm not heartless.

Shen Jiutai: well, what do you mean about my family?

Rae Overholt: Well, what did you mean about explaining?

Shen Jiutai: OK, yes, I'm not from Canton... I was born on Hera.

Rae Overholt: Ok. Go on.

Shen Jiutai: I have been here because I have been afraid that someone has been trying to kill me... I have been moving around quite a bit for the last few years... hoping to remain invisible...

Rae Overholt: Why would someone want to kill you Chen?

Shen Jiutai: Well... I hurt someone she loved....

Rae Overholt: You kill anyone Chen?

Shen Jiutai: Well, I guess it didn't really hurt that much... it was over quick...

Rae Overholt: How did you do it?

Shen Jiutai: I was hired.

Rae Overholt: So I got me an assassin.... an assassin who is afraid of assassination. Cooking for me no less!

Shen Jiutai: I don't use poison... the Captn' has nothing to fear...

Rae Overholt an assassin with a conscience? Chen you are a puzzle

Shen Jiutai: Actually I trained as Ninja.

Rae Overholt: Nice. I've met one of your type before. Didn't get his name though. Wish I had.
Rae Overholt gets a dreamy look in her eyes

Shen Jiutai: I kill for honor, hire and passion.

Rae Overholt: well there'll be none of that on my boat...unless it’s ordered by me, or miss Ana.

Shen Jiutai: Yes Ma’m!!

Rae Overholt: I will have to inform someone else of this… just incase something were to happen to me...
Rae Overholt gives Chen a sidelong look

Shen Jiutai: You must understand, I really need to get to Hera, my real family needs me...

Rae Overholt: We'll do what we can to get you there.

Shen Jiutai: And I must do it without attracting attention

Rae Overholt: I understand

Shen Jiutai: I NEED you Captn'.

Rae Overholt: I must survive my first time as captain by not getting killed by my motley crew.

Shen Jiutai: Besides, I think you're kinda cute.

Rae Overholt grins, "And I think you're kinda young."

Shen Jiutai: Well... I'm 27.

Rae Overholt blinks in surprise. "Are you really?" huh
Rae Overholt raises an eyebrow and shrugs.

Shen Jiutai: You know I'm on the run. I am trusting you with my life. I need to not be identified.

Rae Overholt: Everyone's trusting me with their life Chen. I don't plan on mucking up.

Shen Jiutai: I thought if I came here like this, I might get a job easier. This is not the real me, as you know Captn'.

Rae Overholt: What is the real you then Chen? Can you cook?

Shen Jiutai: You've eaten my food, you know I can cook.

Rae Overholt: Are you bringing trouble on my boat we can’t deal with?

Shen Jiutai: NO, alright here is what happened...

Rae Overholt waits patiently

Shen Jiutai: I was hired to kill a scoundrel on Persephone by a mysterious man called Prisca or something

Rae Overholt: Nisca

Shen Jiutai: I never met this Riska...

Rae Overholt: Nisca. Who on Persephone were you hired to kill?

Shen Jiutai: That's it Nisca! His name was Chen Tai.

Rae Overholt: oh my god. You came here as the person you assassinated??? You haven’t done this before have you kid.

Shen Jiutai: well, he wasn't using that name anymore...

Rae Overholt: Ok... but think. You now have him active...those who know he's dead...don't you think they'll get curious when they see him active???

Shen Jiutai: Only you and your crew have heard the name...

Rae Overholt: I suggest you change it now...come up with a reason… but fix it...it could get someone killed. Nisca is not to be played with

Shen Jiutai: I was working for Nisca... but I agree

Rae Overholt: He's not so sane you know.

Shen Jiutai: So I have heard

Rae Overholt: Odd how no matter where I go...there Persephone is

Shen Jiutai: The one after me is a sister Ninja who was with Chen the night I killed him

Rae Overholt: Oh man now I have ninjas on my tail!

Shen Jiutai: Not to worry, She is worlds away

Rae Overholt: You watch out for her. You change your name, come up with some story… I don’t care if you say you lied... You watch out for her. I don't know what to watch out for. Working for Nisca doesn’t gain you points though. That is not honor or passion. For the record.

Shen Jiutai: I will, and not to worry... I said for hire

Rae Overholt: I got that.

Shen Jiutai: The one after me... we trained together… I know her well

Rae Overholt: Is she related?

Shen Jiutai: no, a sister of the dojo

Rae Overholt: So you killed her lover?

Shen Jiutai: yes, but I didn't see her there until it was too late

Rae Overholt: I don't even know what to say at this point. Just make it a point not to kill anyone on my crew. That includes getting them killed by proxy.

Shen Jiutai: I need you and your crew Captn'....

Rae Overholt: Good to know. Now...to find the rest of my crew.
Rae Overholt heads in the direction of the bar.

Shen Jiutai: yes. it is a quiet night

Rae Overholt: very quiet. You didn’t kill them already did you Chen? Or… what are we calling you now?

Shen Jiutai: My name is Shen Jiutai...

Rae Overholt: And will that be your name here? Shen's a girls name isn’t it?

Shen Jiutai: Well... I thought you'd figured that part out

Rae Overholt: Nope… clothes hide it well

Shen Jiutai: Good, thanks

Rae Overholt: I'd keep up the act if I were you....

Shen Jiutai: I feel bad that I lied to you

Rae Overholt: I understand you had your reasons
Rae Overholt shrugs. “But I have to know these things to keep my crew safe.”

Shen Jiutai: I understand.

No comments: